Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-31-18-37-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-31-18-37-46.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 304

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Pros/cons to waiting for official play store update? Or is this like a separate app..

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Pros/cons to waiting for official play store update? Or is this like a separate app..

Same app as now, just updated for Lollipop. The APK is signed by Google, but if you want to wait the only functionality this brings is multiple accounts. And material design of course. If that is no biggie, just wait for it to roll out in the next 2 weeks.

----------

Took them long enough. What only 7yrs later.

Good things come to those that wait.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
uh... where is unified inbox? Junk until I can find it.

1. Open app
2. Tap on hamburger button
3. Tap the white down arrow next to your email address and name
4. Tap + sign to add accounts or view ones you've already added

Gmail keeps emails separate for each account, so you are essentially scrolling from one account to the next. So if an email comes in for your Yahoo address and you tap the notification, Gmail will open to that portion of your account.

It isn't like Apples email client where you can have all email combined. At least I haven't figured out how to make it do that yet.

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Like this a lot. Was using K9 Mail for my various other work accounts before, but maybe I can make the move to all Gmail now!

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
1. Open app
2. Tap on hamburger button
3. Tap the white down arrow next to your email address and name
4. Tap + sign to add accounts or view ones you've already added

Gmail keeps emails separate for each account, so you are essentially scrolling from one account to the next. So if an email comes in for your Yahoo address and you tap the notification, Gmail will open to that portion of your account.

It isn't like Apples email client where you can have all email combined. At least I haven't figured out how to make it do that yet.

Ouch... thanks for answering my question though. I have 5 accounts so I will be deleting this app and using Touchwiz "Email" instead. It looks and functions very nice but no unified inbox is a huge fail in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.