Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nielsh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Hi there everyone,

I'm desperately trying to install bootcamp going within 10.10. Everything goes smoothly (creating bootable usb stick, resizing partitions etc), until the machine reboots to get into the windows installer. It simply boots back into Yosemite.

Now, the most logical thing to do was to hold the option key at boot-up of course, which I did.
Only to find out the only option in the whole menu was my Yosemite boot disk.

Whatever USB key I tried, whatever utility I used to make a windows install USB stick (including Apples Boot Camp of course) nothing would make it appear in the boot menu, just solely my Mac OS drive would show all the time.

I remember in previous versions of Mac OS there used to be a recovery option too in this menu, which is also gone.

I've also tried to install rEFInd, also adapting it for Yosemite, but just like everything else, it would not show in the generic boot menu.

I haven't got the slightest idea what is happening here, so I sincerely hope some of you might be able to help me!

Best regards,
Niels

System: Macbook Pro 15" early 2011, Superdrive removed. Boot Camp is recompiled to recognise my system as a USB boot system. This used to work in previous version of Mac OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.