Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Robot Cow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Central California
As a fan of both android and iOS i am actually torn between these two devices. I was dead set on the 6+, but when the Nexus 6 did announce it was coming to Verizon it made me excited about Android for the first time in a long while.

I know this is an Apple based forum but i would like to hear from you guys.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
But this is the non-Apple part of MR and many of us have iDevices, too ;)

Best advice I can give is to try them both out and choose which suits your likes and needs most.

Whichever you go with will keep you happy.

And if you can't decide, buy both and be even happier. :D

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i have an iphone 6 plus and i love it. i especially like the handoff feature that allows me to take/place phone calls and text messages from my ipad and computer. and with the bigger screen size, i don't think i can go back to anything smaller. still, as integrated as iOS and Yosemite are, i do like the nexus 6. can't say i'm not tempted to pick one up.

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
i especially like the handoff feature that allows me to take/place phone calls and text messages from my ipad and computer.

That's not handoff, handoff is the ability to continue something you started on one device on another devices, such as a email message you didn't complete or a pages document etc. You can turn off handoff and save a bunch of battery and still place calls and text message from your iPad and Computer.

Garen

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Los Angeles Area
Try it both see which one says buy me I have nexus 4, htc one m7, htc 816, moto x first generation, iPhone 4s, 5 and 6 as we speak and all of them told me to buy me lol I really need to thin the heard.

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
I was debating between 6+ and note 4 and went with the note because iOS doesn't allow me to set Chrome as default browser so I can sync everything between my macbook phone and Chromebook.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
That is a very tough choice. I ended up with the iPhone 6 Plus, mainly because I feel developers will take more advantage of the extra screen real estate on the iPhone than on Android and the camera.

I also carry an HTC M8, so I still have android when I want it.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
I'd take the Nexus 6 for the superior OLED display that's also half inch larger but phone size is about the same, 3GB DRAM, more modern and stable Android Lollipop OS, Google services integration, etc.

ecrispy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Hardware is irrelevant (iOS does well with lower specs), the answer to your question depends on which OS you will like more and which ecosystem you belong in.

e.g. if you like and use Google services, get an Android phone, no question.

If you like and use Apple services or have a Mac, its even more clear and you should get iPhone.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Hardware is irrelevant (iOS does well with lower specs), the answer to your question depends on which OS you will like more and which ecosystem you belong in.

e.g. if you like and use Google services, get an Android phone, no question.

If you like and use Apple services or have a Mac, its even more clear and you should get iPhone.

I concur 100% with this.....

Unless of course you can get both. That's my goal #

bearboy

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
Chi-town
I'd go with the N6 because of the stock Android experience and all that Lollipop goodness. Plus the specs are pretty darn impressive. The few things that held me back from choosing it over the Note 4 was the size (way too much phone for me) and the ability to expand the memory and swap the battery.

I like the 6 plus but I feel that next year's (2015) iteration will be the one that makes me jump back to an iPhone. I'm hoping that Apple will bump up the screen resolution and possibly the camera.

Last edited:

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I ended up with the 6 plus because I feel developers are more likely to use the extra screen real estate. That and the camera.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
I agree with the general conesus. Try both. I was the same way when it came to choosing a phone. I loved iPhone, but my deciding factor became battery life. I have the HTC One M8 and it is beautiful. The Nexus 6 is also a beautiful device judging on what I have read and seen so far. I would take a chance to demo the two and see which one is right for you.

Cheers!

Asuriyan

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Indiana
I jumped ship from the consistent stream of disappointments that Android became in 2011-12, after choosing the Droid 2 over an iPhone 4. The M8 almost tempted me back, and the Nexus 6 might push me over the edge.

I'm far too attached to my iPhone to drop it, of course, so I'd have to carry both.

MindsEye

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
If price is not an issue then as many have said its all gonna boil down to what environment you prefer. Personally there fairly even in specs with only the RAM being the significant differentiator between two imo.

I'm in the same boat as you. At one point i was dead set on the 6+ and then after the Nexus 6 announcement i was all over that. Honestly they both seem like two fantastic phones and its very difficult to choose between the two.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
I keep waiting for the nexus 6 to release and it's painful. I want to try it in person but I want to see reviews objectively test screen quality vs. the note 4 and the iphone 6 plus before I decide. I also need to use it because that is one massive screen I need to make sure I can handle it.

Pretty sure that's what I'm getting though, don't know what color yet :D

walangij

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
MI
I was finally able to get a pre-order through from Motorola. I was trying to decide between upgrading my iPhone 5 to the 6+, but once I saw that Verizon would allow the Nexus, that sealed the deal. Cloud White 64GB.

I'm honestly just wanting a change of pace. iOS has just become a bit mundane for me. Don't get me wrong though, I love my iPhone, use Apple products all day at work, and love the complete integration. But I see that there are some decent alternatives on Android to iMessage & Continuity. I'll be the only person at my consulting firm to have an Android phone, we're all big Apple fans. But who knows though, might be back in the iOS fold before long. Can't wait to get a shipping notification for the Nexus 6!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.