|Feb 19, 2006, 11:46 AM||#1|
Running Final Cut Express on Dual 500 Powermac?
I have a dual 500mhz powermac g4. I'm going to buy photoshop and final cut express , and ilife. I was wondering if the machine would run final cut express good. I have 512 RAM now, I think that I'm going to make it 1gb. Does anyone know how that's going to run. I won't get into really hard stuff just more harder stuff than ilife. This is my first mac. I really am liking it ! I think that Photoshop CS might run good, I'm not sure. What other upgrades would work for it (except new proccesser)?
|Feb 19, 2006, 11:52 AM||#2|
FinalCut Express HD requirements
- Macintosh computer with a 500MHz or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 processor (550MHz for PowerBook G4 or iBook G4, 450MHz for dual PowerPC G4 or G5)
- Not supported on Intel-based Mac computers with Rosetta
- HD features require 1GHz or faster single or dual PowerPC and 1GB of RAM
- An AGP or PCI Express graphics card compatible with Quartz Extreme*
- Mac OS X 10.3.7 or later
* Quartz Extreme requires
* ATI: Any AGP-based ATI RADEON GPU, with 16 MB VRAM or better.
* NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX or later, with 16 MB VRAM or better.
So if you have a Rage 128 or Rage 128 Pro, it says it is not compatible.
Ex = former, no longer. Spurt = a leak, esp. when caused by water pressure. Expert = a has-been drip under pressure.
|Feb 19, 2006, 08:34 PM||#4|
Save it for a new computer. Probably could do better with a Mini
2.0 GHz Core Duo
256 GDDR3 VRAM
100 GB 7200 RPM HD
And the best Feature...OSX
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Final Cut Express 4, FCE 4||Zaphodsplanet||OS X Mavericks (10.9)||4||Feb 1, 2015 09:46 PM|
|Final Cut Express 4 help!||Hawleybdb||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||1||Oct 31, 2014 12:39 AM|
|Final Cut Express bricked?||Riki87||Digital Video||5||Sep 27, 2013 03:33 AM|
|Final Cut Express||22Barb||Digital Video||3||Jan 7, 2013 05:44 AM|
|Logic Express Song with a Music Video edited on Final Cut Express :)||TheIanBroadcast||Picture Gallery||4||Jun 29, 2012 12:26 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.