|Feb 19, 2006, 11:46 AM||#1|
Running Final Cut Express on Dual 500 Powermac?
I have a dual 500mhz powermac g4. I'm going to buy photoshop and final cut express , and ilife. I was wondering if the machine would run final cut express good. I have 512 RAM now, I think that I'm going to make it 1gb. Does anyone know how that's going to run. I won't get into really hard stuff just more harder stuff than ilife. This is my first mac. I really am liking it ! I think that Photoshop CS might run good, I'm not sure. What other upgrades would work for it (except new proccesser)?
|Feb 19, 2006, 11:52 AM||#2|
FinalCut Express HD requirements
- Macintosh computer with a 500MHz or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 processor (550MHz for PowerBook G4 or iBook G4, 450MHz for dual PowerPC G4 or G5)
- Not supported on Intel-based Mac computers with Rosetta
- HD features require 1GHz or faster single or dual PowerPC and 1GB of RAM
- An AGP or PCI Express graphics card compatible with Quartz Extreme*
- Mac OS X 10.3.7 or later
* Quartz Extreme requires
* ATI: Any AGP-based ATI RADEON GPU, with 16 MB VRAM or better.
* NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX or later, with 16 MB VRAM or better.
So if you have a Rage 128 or Rage 128 Pro, it says it is not compatible.
Ex = former, no longer. Spurt = a leak, esp. when caused by water pressure. Expert = a has-been drip under pressure.
|Feb 19, 2006, 08:34 PM||#4|
Save it for a new computer. Probably could do better with a Mini
2.0 GHz Core Duo
256 GDDR3 VRAM
100 GB 7200 RPM HD
And the best Feature...OSX
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Final Cut Express 4 or Final Cut pro X?||xelentoliver||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||9||Feb 23, 2012 11:12 PM|
|Final Cut Express can do MP4, Pro can't?||lgtw||Digital Video||2||Aug 15, 2011 11:43 AM|
|Final Cut Express not capturing audio||sgrubie||Digital Video||3||Nov 20, 2010 08:15 AM|
|help with final cut express 4!!!||xxxrocket||Digital Video||1||Nov 14, 2010 04:14 PM|
|Final Cut Express update???||adrien23||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||4||Nov 8, 2010 10:40 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.