Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

11mazdaspeed3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Coming from android, I am missing the ability to take a quick glance and see if I missed a call text or email with the notifications on the main top status bar. I know openotifier was one but not updated

Anyone know of any others ? Thank you !

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
What iOS version? If iOS 7.x, you can use OpenNotifier (free) from my repo http://www.tateu.net/repo or Protean (paid) on BigBoss. If iOS 8.x, the OpenNotifier v2.1.1~beta-12 on my repo is ready for iOS 8 but you have to wait for another dev to update libstatusbar. Protean has not been updated for iOS 8.x and also needs an updated version of libstatusbar.

sal23

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
im confused....

i have jailbroken before (a long time ago....)

this open notifier looks amazingly done.

but what is this libstatus?

i am going to be jailbreaking my iphone 6 this weekend, what do i need to do to get open notifier running?

what does the libstatusbar have to do with it?

11mazdaspeed3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Notifications at the top status bar?

Sal forget what I said. Make sure to install the beta from his repo and it will work.

----------

Yes. It has been updated.

Is there a way to install any more glyphs, like say a Facebook and one for example?

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
what does the libstatusbar have to do with it?
libstatusbar is the underlying library that OpenNotifier and a lot of other status bar icon tweaks use to actually put icons in the statusbar.

Is there a way to install any more glyphs, like say a Facebook and one for example?
There are 3rd party icon packs, such as OpenNotifier iOS7 icon Pack

11mazdaspeed3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
libstatusbar is the underlying library that OpenNotifier and a lot of other status bar icon tweaks use to actually put icons in the statusbar.

There are 3rd party icon packs, such as OpenNotifier iOS7 icon Pack

Thank you very much !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.