Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
Oh, that is awful. I haven't upgraded mine past 7.1.1 yet, and now I think I'll keep waiting. Please post if you find a way to fix it.

matraco

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2014
I hope we dont have to wait until january/february for an update fix on this. I guess doing a restore should alleviate the problem?

Keeping mine on 7.1.2 as well until further notice.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Hey guys, I'd like to show you a very short video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcom4bdozzvghhm/VIDEO0192.mp4?dl=0

My iPad runs iOS 8.1, it's a disaster.

It's the same with bunch of other applications, not only SoundCloud. I highly recommend NOT TO update to 8.1 from 7.1.2.

Have you tried restoring the iPad? Did an update from 7-8 for my dad's mini and it immediately become a slow and unresponsive tablet (like $80 Android China-tab slow).

So, I did a full restore and it made a VERY noticeable improvement (just get any files you need off it first). I'm using an Air 2 so my benchmark is now much higher but the mini is fluid and snappy again.

lewy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Going to iOS 8, Mini was set up as a new device, I've got this iPad in Apple Store (exchange due to display)...

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Hey guys, I'd like to show you a very short video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcom4bdozzvghhm/VIDEO0192.mp4?dl=0

My iPad runs iOS 8.1, it's a disaster.

It's the same with bunch of other applications, not only SoundCloud. I highly recommend NOT TO update to 8.1 from 7.1.2.

That's still no where as bad as the lag when you're in the App Store and you rotate the screen. It's almost like the iPad is one and done thanks to Apple's crap OS. Yeah, my iPad 2 and Air are staying on iOS 7 and my iPad 3 is still running iOS 5.

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
I've found certain apps to be very laggy on iOS 8 - one game has become almost unplayable (Heroes of Dragon Age), but I think the blame lies squarely with the app developers.

I know functionally it doesn't really make a difference whose "fault" it is, but we should still be putting pressure on app developers to better support the new OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.