Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scsiguru

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
I recently upgraded to an Iphone 6 (about a month or so ago). I have three Iphones on my plan, and Iphone 6, and two Iphone 5's. All of our phones are using a shared iCloud calendar. Up until about 2 weeks ago, whenever my wife or daughter added an event on the calendar I would get a notification. Now I notice whenever they add an event I no longer get that in app notification, but the event is added to my calendar. I checked my iCloud calendar settings and the "in app noficiation" is checked. I also tried deleting my iCloud account and re-establishing it, but still don't get the in app notifications. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what may be happening? My phone is running iOS 8.1, my daughter's is running 8.1 as well, and I believe my wife's is running iOS 7.?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I recently upgraded to an Iphone 6 (about a month or so ago). I have three Iphones on my plan, and Iphone 6, and two Iphone 5's. All of our phones are using a shared iCloud calendar. Up until about 2 weeks ago, whenever my wife or daughter added an event on the calendar I would get a notification. Now I notice whenever they add an event I no longer get that in app notification, but the event is added to my calendar. I checked my iCloud calendar settings and the "in app noficiation" is checked. I also tried deleting my iCloud account and re-establishing it, but still don't get the in app notifications. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what may be happening? My phone is running iOS 8.1, my daughter's is running 8.1 as well, and I believe my wife's is running iOS 7.?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I see the same thing. I believe it was changed because of the family sharing platform. I wish it would return.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.