Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xXxDieselxXx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Well, I finally received the smart case from Khomo (Price: $9.85 + $3.98 S/H)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OKSMA6A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• First let me tell you it's much better than what I was expecting. It's actually very nice case for the price. I found zero defects granted I have no idea how long is going to last me and I have never owned an iPad/smart cover combination.
  • Material wise, it looks of a very nice rubberized material but not to the extreme. I would called semi-rubber. Perfect if you ask me.
  • Fits perfectly fine. It snapped with perfection.
  • The openings for the buttons, plugs, etc, are right on.
  • Magnets are just perfect. I would have love it a tiny bit stronger but again I have no idea how the original Apple smart cover feels like.
  • Look and feel 10/10 for a $10 smart case+cover.

Here the pictures::D

cI27fHql.png
H9dLEdhl.png

hC9Heobl.png
YsCtuikl.png
aqzAQZfl.png
r2LO6GFl.png
nJaEGiil.png
g40iBuMl.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sracer

xXxDieselxXx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Looks pretty nice.. I'd like to know what the back cover feels like.

It feels like TPU. Rubberized but not very sticky. More like TPU or semi-rubberized plastic surface. I hope I got it right :)

It's a hard shell BTW

It feels like Batman's iPad LOL!

Last edited:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
It feels like TPU. Rubberized but not very sticky. More like TPU or semi-rubberized plastic surface. I hope I got it right :)

It's hard shell BTW

Lol.. that's the material I like. I just got the Incipio feather case for the 6 mainly because of that rubberized surface. I just have a hard time describing that texture to other people in words.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010

It's a hard shell BTW

1522301-1.jpg

Need a favor.

I want this case for it's back shell, I want to use it with the official Apple Smart Cover. What I need to know is if you think I can cut off the Khomo cover at its attach point and use the Apple Smart Cover in its place.

What I need to know is if when that thin attach point gets sliced off of there is an indent in the plastic back shell to which the Apple Smart Cover magnets can attach. The indent would look like the photo above. It's a cutout along the left side of the back shell.

Please let me know. I'll order one tonight if that's the case. Thanks.

BJ

xXxDieselxXx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012

Need a favor.

I want this case for it's back shell, I want to use it with the official Apple Smart Cover. What I need to know is if you think I can cut off the Khomo cover at its attach point and use the Apple Smart Cover in its place.

What I need to know is if when that thin attach point gets sliced off of there is an indent in the plastic back shell to which the Apple Smart Cover magnets can attach. The indent would look like the photo above. It's a cutout along the left side of the back shell.

Please let me know. I'll order one tonight if that's the case. Thanks.

BJ

Hi Yes, it will definitely work.

You gave me an idea :)
cMPgpQ2l.jpg

Reactions: vrsixer

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
do you have an apple smart cover that u can check if size of the cutout is the same? Or maybe we can measure the size of the hinge on the smart cover.

I actually don't have a smart cover to measure with me, so maybe boltjames can measure it.

xXxDieselxXx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
do you have an apple smart cover that u can check if size of the cutout is the same? Or maybe we can measure the size of the hinge on the smart cover.

I actually don't have a smart cover to measure with me, so maybe boltjames can measure it.

I don't have a Smart Cover but I measured the opening and it's exactly 8" wide

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
My Khomo just arrived this morning. Nice and slim case.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 767

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
has anyone compared this case to the slim smart case from Besdata?

I have the Besdata and will have the Khomo tonight.

I can tell you that the Besdata is half the thickness and will absolutely not wear well over time, it's just too flimsy I'm returning the Besdata to Amazon, even if the Khomo doesn't work out I'm not keeping it.

BJ

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
So I decided to just rip off the front cover on the Khomo and use my new Apple smart cover so that I can just yank it off (so cool how the cover magnetically adheres) whenever I wanted too.

Couple of reasons why I did this:

* When holding the iPad, it's much comfortable to not have the front cover folder around the back.

* Just got my cover so I wanted to put to use.

* The Apple Smart Cover is made of better quality and has a better feel to it. Magnets are also much stronger.

Had to sand down the sides of the Khomo hinge opening a little bit so that the cover can sit fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.