Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
I'm coming from the note 2, every two years I switch os. So this go around its apples's turn. But today I saw my friends note 4 screen playing COD advanced warfare ad video on YouTube and instantly did a side by side comparison . The note 4 screen while playing videos, kills iphone 6 by 10,000 miles. iPhone 6 was washed out and looked pathetic compared to the plasma looking note 4. I'm so jeolous of that screen it's not even funny. Anybody else seen the note 4 compared to their iPhone 6?

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I don't understand the point of this, if you like the Note 4, go return/sell your 6+ and go get one. I'm sure you'd get similarly ripped if you went to an Android forum and told them how nice your 6+ is.

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
Played with em all at the ATT store, I say the LG g3 has the best screen of all with the Note 4 in 2nd place and Iphone 6/6+ in 3rd. I think thats a fair assesment

doeboy711

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
MD
I currently have the Note 4 and my wife has the iPhone 6+. I believe that the iPhone shows more true colors, but the screen and quality is better on the Note 4, but that's mainly due to the resolution. I am returning my Note 4 and going to iPhone...if I could ever fine one lol.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
I don't understand the point of this, if you like the Note 4, go return/sell your 6+ and go get one. I'm sure you'd get similarly ripped if you went to an Android forum and told them how nice your 6+ is.

The point is to compare phones on an iPhone forum. If fan boys get offended then so be it. I like my iPhone 6, just wished the phone had a more vivid screen. If that offends you then you need help

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Played with a note 4 at best Buy. I didn't feel my 6 plus had an inferior screen. Truth be told I didn't place them side by side. Perhaps then I might have noticed something?

I am more intrigued by the note edge. Seems ridiculous, but sometimes, albeit rarely, ridiculous wins.

----------

You would, by the insecure folks on the forum.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Played with em all at the ATT store, I say the LG g3 has the best screen of all with the Note 4 in 2nd place and Iphone 6/6+ in 3rd. I think thats a fair assesment

The G3 has a dull screen compared to a 6+, just my opinion. Once a solid AOSP ROM comes out for the Note 4, I'd consider getting one. Samsung bloat is horrible. The Note 4 is typical Samsung to me, oversaturated colors.

PS - I have a Note 2.

----------

Played with a note 4 at best Buy. I didn't feel my 6 plus had an inferior screen. Truth be told I didn't place them side by side. Perhaps then I might have noticed something?

I am more intrigued by the note edge. Seems ridiculous, but sometimes, albeit rarely, ridiculous wins.

----------

You would, by the insecure folks on the forum.

Shrug, I actually own a Note 2; I am just perplexed with anyone who would attempt to cross compare platforms on an enthusiast forum. It never ends well.

HotIce

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2014
Lets stuff a QHD screen into an iPhone and then complain how bad the battery life is. Apple just can't win. The iPhone 6/6+ screens are very, very nice. Can they do better? There is always room to improve, but as the 'overall package', the iPhone wins.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Shrug, I actually own a Note 2; I am just perplexed with anyone who would attempt to cross compare platforms on an enthusiast forum. It never ends well.

Enthusiast forum or not, the insecure folks will always come out of the woodwork. If you want to avoid conflict you just need to not talk about it at all; for me that's a crappy option lol.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
I currently have the Note 4 and my wife has the iPhone 6+. I believe that the iPhone shows more true colors, but the screen and quality is better on the Note 4, but that's mainly due to the resolution. I am returning my Note 4 and going to iPhone...if I could ever fine one lol.

Cool, so you think the iOS ecosystem is better versuses a better screen?

doeboy711

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
MD
The G3 has a dull screen compared to a 6+, just my opinion. Once a solid AOSP ROM comes out for the Note 4, I'd consider getting one. Samsung bloat is horrible. The Note 4 is typical Samsung to me, oversaturated colors.

PS - I have a Note 2.

----------

Yeah my problem is that I have VZW and they have locked everything down tight and the new 5.0 Lollipop is rumored to be locked down even more. Its a huge turn off for me. Android was supposed to be open source and that's what drew me in back in 2009 with the Sprint HTC Hero. So probably no development happening anytime soon with the Verizon Note 4.

doeboy711

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
MD
Cool, so you think the iOS ecosystem is better versuses a better screen?

I think if you have a lot of music/videos (I have over 64gb worth of music) and so on with multiple devices the IOS ecosystem is the better choice. I have owned several ipods and MacBook pro's but never a iphone. After setting up my wife's iphone, learning about the ecosystem more and the things we could do with family sharing I think out weights the Note 4 for me on VZW. Maybe if I was on T-Mobile who has an unlocked bootloader and Roms available it would make it a harder switch for me, but I think since I won't have the chance to customize my phone like I want, I will switch over to apple. The only thing I hate is that I have 5 years invested in apps in the Android Play Store. Hopefully I can migrate things over easily if I contact the app developers.

flybub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2011
I think if you have a lot of music/videos (I have over 64gb worth of music) and so on with multiple devices the IOS ecosystem is the better choice. I have owned several ipods and MacBook pro's but never a iphone. After setting up my wife's iphone, learning about the ecosystem more and the things we could do with family sharing I think out weights the Note 4 for me on VZW.

^^This. I've realized this as well and the reason I'm leaving my Moto X for iPhone.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I came from a Note 3. And I still have a Samsung Tablet. I did notice that the color is more saturated and the color on the iDevices are a little lighter.

Haseeb Rehman

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
The note 4 has an amazing display. But I hate the touchwiz and android itself. It feels incomplete or beta as compared to the highly polished iOS (Just my opinion)! I'm interested in the design of the note 4 btw. That thing looks classy.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I feel like you'll only notice it if you had them side by side. Normal day to day usage you probably won't even notice the difference.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
I feel like you'll only notice it if you had them side by side. Normal day to day usage you probably won't even notice the difference.

I agree , just stay away from the note 4 so you won't get tempted ... I wish apple would give us an option for those that like The over saturation look.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
The Note 4 has an excellent screen, no doubt about it. It might beat the 6+ on specs, etc., but the 6+ has an excellent screen as well.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
My iPhone 6+ is jealous of note 4 plasma screen

The point is to compare phones on an iPhone forum. If fan boys get offended then so be it. I like my iPhone 6, just wished the phone had a more vivid screen. If that offends you then you need help

Me thinks you posted this expecting to get exactly the comment you're now decrying. I'm not sure why you feign surprise.

Anyway, I find the note screen way over saturated. Not true color at all. It may be more vivid but that's not reality. Great for video games though. I suppose it would be nice to have screen adjustments but I don't really need that as a feature taking up space on my OS

machtv

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
Me thinks you posted this expecting to get exactly the comment you're now decrying. I'm not sure why you feign surprise.

Anyway, I find the note screen way over saturated. Not true color at all. It may be more vivid but that's not reality. Great for video games though. I suppose it would be nice to have screen adjustments but I don't really need that as a feature taking up space on my OS

the beauty of the note4 is that if the screen is too vivid or poppy for your tatse. than you can change it. unlike that of the iphone6 were you stick with what you got. so too say it's too vivid or to poppy is a inaccurate statement cause it can be changed.
look at the picture below in cinema mode. you can clearly see the image is no longer bright,vivid or poppy. it now looks a bit dull like an iphone6. choice is a wonderful thing:)

Attachments

• MOTE4.jpeg
    MOTE4.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 246

threelions

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
Amoled vs LCD

The Amoled has far better blacks, whites and screen uniformity but the colours can be a little cartoony for some people. Apple does have a patent for their own OLED screen and I wish they would go with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.