Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I love my iPhone 6 Plus, but this seems to have developed over the last month or so, or I just noticed it.

Seems to be a backlight uniformity issue along the right side of my device. See attached image.

I noticed it when I was on an all white webpage...it's weird because I never noticed it before. It may have developed since I recieved it.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tonight, I will let you know how it pans out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 536

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I love my iPhone 6 Plus, but this seems to have developed over the last month or so, or I just noticed it.

Seems to be a backlight uniformity issue along the right side of my device. See attached image.

I noticed it when I was on an all white webpage...it's weird because I never noticed it before. It may have developed since I recieved it.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tonight, I will let you know how it pans out.

The screen looks fine. Sure it might not be perfect, but trust me, you don't want to get involve in the lottery game. If the iPhone works good and you barely notice this, be content with it. Not saying you don't deserve a perfect phone, but this game normally ends up badly

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
The screen looks fine. Sure it might not be perfect, but trust me, you don't want to get involve in the lottery game. If the iPhone works good and you barely notice this, be content with it. Not saying you don't deserve a perfect phone, but this game normally ends up badly

If the replacement they bring out is worse can I just keep my phone?

----------

I don't see it either. Looks fine to me.
Along the right side of the phone, the backlight is darker then the left, about a quarter inch from the right

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I didn't know the backlight was supposed to be uniform? I don't notice it on your device. I don't think I'd swap it out over that.

yaboyac29

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2014
I hope the next phone you get is worse for wasting their time.

It looks fine and even of there is a problem, it's only noticeable on a white screen.

Some people..

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
I hope the next phone you get is worse for wasting their time.

It looks fine and even of there is a problem, it's only noticeable on a white screen.

Some people..

Oh yeah I'm sure it's really going to hurt apple. How about you settle down with the corporate shilling attack dog.

I hope you find a problem with your phone just for wishing that on someone else, wouldn't want to return it and waste their time no?

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
If the replacement they bring out is worse can I just keep my phone?

----------

Along the right side of the phone, the backlight is darker then the left, about a quarter inch from the right

Ok, I see it. Once they give you the replacement, they take your old phone. Don't know if they will let you take it back. You never know if you will get one with dead pixels, etc. You might open yourself to the headache of multiple exchanges.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I remember this issue with yellow dis colored screens on iPad 2-3. Be glad you don't have a pink screen. I'd keep the phone for now since stock is low. Yes, I believe you can keep the phone if you don't like the replacement but keep in mind they notate everything at the Genius Bar. I replaced my iPad once and luckily the replacement was perfect.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Yep it's not uniform. If you haven't noticed it until now though, maybe it won't bother you. There's a laundry list of issues of quality control issues a replacement phone could have.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yep it's not uniform. If you haven't noticed it until now though, maybe it won't bother you. There's a laundry list of issues of quality control issues a replacement phone could have.

I agree.......i could ask before they get a replacement, if they even allow it. It is definitely more noticeable then the photo does it justice.

I mean I have lived with it this long, not a big deal, just figured I would see what the Genius says.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I agree.......i could ask before they get a replacement, if they even allow it. It is definitely more noticeable then the photo does it justice.

I mean I have lived with it this long, not a big deal, just figured I would see what the Genius says.

Doesn't hurt to go there, but as stated: once you ask for a replacement you cannot choose the best one of both

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
I should think that if you have applecare that you would be able to get a free replacement? Idk, it makes sense to me....

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013

Based on that photo, live with what?? Before your appointment check some of the display phones and compare.

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
Those arrows would defintiyl bother me if they were on my screen I would take it back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.