Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Analytical

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Thailand
Hi,

I have tried to solve this without posting but can't. I have read all the threads on flickering but they all seem to be from 2011 after a specific update. I do not think they are relevant to my issue.

We lived in the US and have an Apple TV (small black one, 2011 or 2012 I think) that had no issues. We quit our jobs and moved to Thailand to teach English. We brought our Apple TV (we just couldn't part with it!).

Now we're in Phuket in a developed area with very fast internet and a flat screen Toshiba TV (32AV700T). I bought a HDMI and hooked it up only to get a flashing screen that shows the Apple TV then cuts out to black for a few seconds, pops up for one second, then goes black... over and over again. Between the quick flashes, I navigated the menu, hooked into the wifi, and updated the software; no difference.

PLEASE HELP! It's a major TV brand and I assume Apple TV must work here, right? Apple has stores in Bangkok.

Thanks a ton, in advance, for any suggestions.
Dave

Analytical

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Thailand
Thank You

Rihia, I switched out my HDMI to a shorter length and different brand. Problem solved. Thank you!!!! Life is now great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.