Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
There you have it Mac users:D
The PanguTeam has released a Pangu 8 utility for Mac OS X that will jailbreak iOS 8.0 - 8.1.

You can download the latest version of Pangu8 jailbreak utility for both Mac and Windows here:
http://en.pangu.io/

----------

It is imperative that if you plan to JB your device to update/restore to iOS 8.1 and jailbreak your device as soon as possible. Apple has already blocked the Pangu jailbreak in the beta version of iOS 8.1.1 seeded to developers. The new 8.1.1 could be released any day now so time is of the essence.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Finally!!!

Quick question: it is still not a good idea to jailbreak a device that has been updated to 8.1 OTA right? I should do a restore to 8.1 for best results?

Last edited:

UhFive

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
Texas
I literally just finished Jailbreaking with Parallels and Windows 10 preview...

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Anybody having issues with it?
Do we actually have to do the jailbreak before 8.1.1 comes out or just get 8.1 installed. I'd prefer to wait a bit in case there are any issues but don't want to miss out on the jailbreak.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
Nice. Although I;m already jailbroken.. the more people to join the iOS8 JB club, the more apps will be updated.. hopefully! :) :D

----------

just jb using the mac tool. no restore. works amazing, jb in about 2 minutes.

it's a good idea to restore first anyway...

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Hooray for Pangu! Gonna be jailbreaking All. Day. Long!

Bless them Chinese. They some smart mofos.

zyr123

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
yes you should restore. I updated over ota. And my touch id isn't working now so am restoring and re jailbreaking.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I ran the JB on my mac. iPhone 6 plus 8.1 The jailbreak worked fine, but i also have a pangu app that loaded on along with cydia. Is this normal?

Yes, you can get rid of the Pangu app in Cydia. I can't remember what it's called though because I no longer have it installed.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I ran the JB on my mac. iPhone 6 plus 8.1 The jailbreak worked fine, but i also have a pangu app that loaded on along with cydia. Is this normal?

Yes, you can get rid of the Pangu app in Cydia. I can't remember what it's called though because I no longer have it installed.

Look in the installed section of Cydia for Pangu iOS Loader (or something close to this - there are 2 pangu entries). Then remove it and that will remove the icon. I've read that you need to respring for the icon to disappear, but I didn't have to.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Look in the installed section of Cydia for Pangu iOS Loader (or something close to this - there are 2 pangu entries). Then remove it and that will remove the icon. I've read that you need to respring for the icon to disappear, but I didn't have to.

Yes, that's the one to remove it with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.