Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FredT2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
I've run into an issue with my retina (iMac, 4.0, m295x, SSD) where adjustments in the Develop module are very slow. If you are using Lightroom with any version of the retina iMac, would you please post a reply with your experience? Thanks.

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
I've run into an issue with my retina (iMac, 4.0, m295x, SSD) where adjustments in the Develop module are very slow. If you are using Lightroom with any version of the retina iMac, would you please post a reply with your experience? Thanks.

How was it before? I've never had the luxury of a Mac that could run any Adobe app with silky smooth screen updates and no lags on sliders in the Develop module.

FredT2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
How was it before? I've never had the luxury of a Mac that could run any Adobe app with silky smooth screen updates and no lags on sliders in the Develop module.
I'm comparing it to a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air. Both run have no problem in the Develop module.

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
I'm comparing it to a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air. Both run have no problem in the Develop module.

My wife's 1.7 i7 Mavericks (at the time) Air was very slow to update with some LR v5.5 sliders in the Develop module . I'm comparing it to Aperture, so no apples and apples comparison. Its one of the reasons I elected not to go with LR. LR was on trial and has not been reinstalled since a fresh Yosemite install, can't help there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.