Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Sometimes when I'm browsing in Safari, and haven't moved the page for awhile (either by scrolling, pinching, zooming, etc...) and I try clicking on a link in safari, the screen doesn't seem to register my input.

I have to scroll the webpage ever so slightly up or down in order to have the screen register my finger's input (like clicking on a link)

Anyone else have this problem in safari? It's very subtle, but it has occurred more than a few times already. Probably a software related issue?

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I'm pretty sure it's ios related as the same thing happened on my iPad 4 before I got rid of it and my Air 2.

slope

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
When this happens, try tapping about a quarter of an inch to the right of the link/button to open the new tab.

I have been seeing this sometimes on an iPod touch 5th gen that I use for testing with 8.1 with some links on websites and with some of the controls that come up in the browser.

I like to know if you experience something similar in those pop ups when you try to open a new tab.

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
Sometimes when I'm browsing in Safari, and haven't moved the page for awhile (either by scrolling, pinching, zooming, etc...) and I try clicking on a link in safari, the screen doesn't seem to register my input.

I have to scroll the webpage ever so slightly up or down in order to have the screen register my finger's input (like clicking on a link)

Anyone else have this problem in safari? It's very subtle, but it has occurred more than a few times already. Probably a software related issue?

This happens to me, especially on a Google search.

Bromio

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014

The same happens to me. I was thinking that maybe my Air 2 have some issue in the screen. I'm afraid it is an iOS 8.1 problem.

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
happens to me all the time. its really annoying. ive noticed it a lot using while hooked up to my mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.