Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Is there a tweak that disables TouchID just for unlocking the phone? I only want it for Apple Pay and downloading apps but not to unlock the phone.

Edit: I don't want a passcode to unlock the phone either

Thanks!

Last edited:

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I don't think that even "should" be possible. Mind giving my your key to the house too? :p

I'm not concerned at all of theft, I work from home, have nothing to hide in my phone, and the passcode just slows me down when working and testing apps on the phone :p

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Many people have voiced complains that they want to use touchID for applepay but not to have a passcode setup on their phone.
You cannot currently do that on stock firmware but maybe in the future there will be a hack available for that restriction. Nothing right now though.

I don't think that even "should" be possible. Mind giving my your key to the house too? :p

Jailbreaking is about giving the user full access and control of their device.
Your opinion that it should never be possible kinda goes against that. If you think its a bad idea or don't like it then you don't have to do it with your phone.
Others should have the option available if they want IMO.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Try passtime or safehouse. Both work on iOS 8 :)

Is there another repo with the updated safehouse? When I try to download it from bigboss it says in depends on iOS firmware <= 7.1.2, thanks for the tip btw!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.