Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that when installing tweaks from cydia that upon installation is stalls out and is stuck on loading for quite sometime compared to the ios 7 jailbreak?

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
I really haven't installed anything yet just a few items---- the download of the app, installing etc is all quick and then at the very end it will spin saying loading for anywhere from 30 to nearly 60 seconds

Last edited:

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
update---

I just went to uninstall everything that I had installed and enabled and the "loading" error is also present as well lasting anywhere from 45-60 seconds, so its not just installing, but uninstalling as well.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
That doesn't sound right.
I'd restore the phone and JB it again.
I JB 5-6 devices so far on ios 8.1 and none have been doing what you're describing above when installing packages or removing them.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
I restored rejailbroke then loaded the last backup before the jailbreak and still am running into the issue again

Pangu 1.0 Mac
iPhone 6 128gb Sprint

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The only time that happened to me was when I had a repo installed that was "off".

Deleting that repo and running iCleaner fixed my issue.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
The only time that happened to me was when I had a repo installed that was "off".

Deleting that repo and running iCleaner fixed my issue.

What options did you select in icleaner.

"It could be a repo if you added any additional repos manually.
Or a bug in your backup file that's causing it."

I don't believe its a an issue with the backup as I just jailbroke an iPad mini on another mac in the house that it is synced to and I'm also running into the long load times with install and uninstall.

Could it be an issue with pangu mac?

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
I just ran the cleaner and no dice--- still the hang up on loading---- I've googled everywhere has there been any issues with the Mac version of Pangu?

----------

I'm just trying to get everything squashed and squared away with the soon released 8.1.1

dokindo

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009
Has anyone else noticed that when installing tweaks from cydia that upon installation is stalls out and is stuck on loading for quite sometime compared to the ios 7 jailbreak?

I have the same issue.

Thanks for the various troubleshooting steps (that I can skip now). I jb using windows, fwiw.

I just have ignored it, thinking it was some Cydia problem.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I don't believe its a an issue with the backup as I just jailbroke an iPad mini on another mac in the house that it is synced to and I'm also running into the long load times with install and uninstall.

You don't think it is but it could be a backup bug.
Only way to eliminate it out of the equation is to setup as new and install your stuff from cydia without restoring from backup to see if it still does it or not.
Up to you though.
Here's someone that had issues when restoring from backup and once he setup as new everything works fine now;)
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1817182/

Last edited:

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
I have the same issue.

Thanks for the various troubleshooting steps (that I can skip now). I jb using windows, fwiw.

I just have ignored it, thinking it was some Cydia problem.

Let me know if you figure out a fix

----------

You don't think it is but it could be a backup bug.
Only way to eliminate it out of the equation is to setup as new and install your stuff from cydia without restoring from backup to see if it still does it or not.
Up to you though.
Here's someone that had issues when restoring from backup and once he setup as new everything works fine now;)
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1817182/

Just used the iPad mini as a test dummy---same issues are present on a full clean machine

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Weird.
I don't experience that issue on my ipad mini, ipad 3 or multiple iphone 6 plus models that I Jailbroke.

It is really bizarre---At least the jailbreak itself is still there and everything is functioning properly, just the inconvenience of installing or updating anything and having to wait for a prolonged period of time, but I guess its better than not having it at all.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Yes, that is weird.
That would drive me nuts each time:)

It did drive me insane----I finally did another restore, backed up the restored factory new image, jailbroke, backed up again and somehow this time it worked correctly.

I did all of this another mac I had at work that hasnt been used for any ios devices and it seem to do the trick. Makes no sense what so ever, but at least it worked

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

It's definitely longer, but are you sure it's 30-60 seconds? For me when a tweak installs, it takes about 5-10 seconds for the "reboot" or "respring" button to pop up.

It's present on EVERY device jailbroken with Pangu, so those who say it doesn't exist are either lying or just have a higher tolerance for the brief wait. I've jailbroken older iPhones, newest, etc, both in windows and on mac, and the issue is there. It's not a big deal to me because it's 5-10 seconds. If it were 30-60 seconds though, I'd be concerned.

mikejd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
It's definitely longer, but are you sure it's 30-60 seconds? For me when a tweak installs, it takes about 5-10 seconds for the "reboot" or "respring" button to pop up.

It's present on EVERY device jailbroken with Pangu, so those who say it doesn't exist are either lying or just have a higher tolerance for the brief wait. I've jailbroken older iPhones, newest, etc, both in windows and on mac, and the issue is there. It's not a big deal to me because it's 5-10 seconds. If it were 30-60 seconds though, I'd be concerned.

This. my device is the same way iPhone 6. After loading, it takes about 10 to 15 seconds for the respiring device button to appear. on my iPad air 2 though its almost instant.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
It did drive me insane----I finally did another restore, backed up the restored factory new image, jailbroke, backed up again and somehow this time it worked correctly.

I did all of this another mac I had at work that hasnt been used for any ios devices and it seem to do the trick. Makes no sense what so ever, but at least it worked

Looks like I spoke to soon---went back in to add my repos and something changed settings and back to the long loads... Looks like its time to do another restore

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010

And yes it is in deed 30-60 seconds after it states reloading and switches to loading. I have a feeling I may have isolated the problem that is causing it, I'll report back once I finish this restore

joju58

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
New York, NY
Same problem on my end, running iOS 8.1 on 5S with lots of tweaks though, but all compatible and made for iOS8. I don't take it as a problem, but it is annoying.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Alright after numerous restores the only possible explanation I can come up with is two different things.

The jailbreak before resyncing apps appears to work with almost instant loading to repspring, return to cydia, or reboot.

Upon syncing apps back to the device (I have a lot of apps part of the reason I got the 128gb) the issue become noticeable, for example trying to install multiiconmover purchased legally in cydia store, the issue is present (tweak is 8.1 compatible) for instance it took 37 seconds exactly to load to the respring option

Does anyone know where itunes stores mobileprovision files? That is the only thing I can think of that could be causing this issue now. I had a mobile provision file so I could use XBMC prior to the Pangu 8 jailbreak. I've never had any issues before with having mobileprovision on the device and jailbreaking but maybe something is different with Pangu8. I have a feeling that when I sync with itunes to reinstall my apps as a new device it is installing that provision file and that is why the issue becomes apparent after the sync.

------OR-----
Just becuase the device has a ton of apps on it is causing Cydia to slow down dramatically

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.