Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
I have seen this at my local Apple store and was impressed, would love to see pics of it on the 6/6+ and a side by side comparison to the original Air Jacket.

Please share any thoughts on the AJ "FORCE":apple:

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I have seen this at my local Apple store and was impressed, would love to see pics of it on the 6/6+ and a side by side comparison to the original Air Jacket.

Please share any thoughts on the AJ "FORCE":apple:

What's the difference of the FORCE compared to the original air jacket? I haven't heard of it......

ArtVandelay29

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2014
DFW
What's the difference of the FORCE compared to the original air jacket? I haven't heard of it......

I got the original and then the Force - the main difference I can tell is that the Force has a small lip on the front to protect the screen when placing the phone face down. It also seems ever-so-slightly thicker than the original, but that may be my eyes playing tricks on me since my original is clear and my Force is the smoke color.

xreei

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2014
I got the original and then the Force - the main difference I can tell is that the Force has a small lip on the front to protect the screen when placing the phone face down. It also seems ever-so-slightly thicker than the original, but that may be my eyes playing tricks on me since my original is clear and my Force is the smoke color.

Is the lip high enough that you can feel it when your phone is face down in a tight pocket?

EDIT: Is the lip about as high as Apple's official leather/silicone cases?

Last edited:

ArtVandelay29

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2014
DFW
Is the lip high enough that you can feel it when your phone is face down in a tight pocket?

In pants of very thin lightweight material, yes, you can barely feel the lip. Otherwise, like in jeans, no - not really.

EDIT: Is the lip about as high as Apple's official leather/silicone cases?

I haven't checked out the Apple official cases so I don't know the answer to that - sorry.

----------

Will the lip protect the screen from short drops?

It looks like there might be enough lip to protect from very short drops, but who knows - if that phone lands just right (or wrong!) on that surface, no case will protect it.

That said, I personally wouldn't count on a case this slim and light to protect against anything except light scratches from normal use. If you want protection from drops, put your money toward a more substantial case.

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
They sell it through their web store as well but make no reference to dimensions other than "less than 1.2mm thick."

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HGNL2ZM/A/power-support-air-jacket-for-iphone-6-clear-matte

They also don't mention the "Force" part at all. Strange.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Here are two pictures, I don't take the best photos. The image makes it look thick but it's thin. I love the feel. No creaking noise. Super tight fit. Very hard to get the case off, just a warning. My fingers went red and sore from trying to take it off. Apple Store PowerSupport Air Jacket Force:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.3 KB · Views: 1,852
Last edited:

Squatting Tiger

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Having owned both (non-force and Force) the lip is definitely more pronounced on the Force. I ended up going with the non-Force because, along with my tempered glass screen protector (Benks OKR+) the screen is flush with the lip. With the Force version, I could still feel the lip with the protector on. In saying that, the non-Force version has little creaks here and there, whereas the Force version fitted like a glove. Hope this helps.

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Having owned both (non-force and Force) the lip is definitely more pronounced on the Force. I ended up going with the non-Force because, along with my tempered glass screen protector (Benks OKR+) the screen is flush with the lip. With the Force version, I could still feel the lip with the protector on. In saying that, the non-Force version has little creaks here and there, whereas the Force version fitted like a glove. Hope this helps.

Is the lip unusually pronounced, or is it just there?

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
I tried this case in an apple store and wasnt too happy with it. It was an extremely tight fit. Very hard to install and even harder to remove. I couldnt remove the case from the phone easily so I asked the apple store employee to help me. He finally got it off but ended up scratching my zagg glass screen protector.

I found this case on amazon and I like it much better. Its less than half price, comes with a screen protector and its a much less tighter fit so its easier to remove or install.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Plus-C...15774662&sr=8-1&keywords=ringke+iphone+6+plus

xreei

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2014
I tried this case in an apple store and wasnt too happy with it. It was an extremely tight fit. Very hard to install and even harder to remove. I couldnt remove the case from the phone easily so I asked the apple store employee to help me. He finally got it off but ended up scratching my zagg glass screen protector.

I found this case on amazon and I like it much better. Its less than half price, comes with a screen protector and its a much less tighter fit so its easier to remove or install.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Plus-C...15774662&sr=8-1&keywords=ringke+iphone+6+plus

The ringke slim actually looks almost identical but at half price! Is it just as slim overall compared to the air jacket?

Last edited:

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014

Probably going with that or the fusion if my AJ Force doesn't work out. I-Blason is another option.

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
just got mine in mail. ordered it from applestore online.. The lip in the front is very significant. I used to love my old PS, but this one is going back..

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
just got mine in mail. ordered it from applestore online.. The lip in the front is very significant. I used to love my old PS, but this one is going back..

Got mine as well and, yeah, the lip isn't terribly subtle. I got the clear matte.

The lip will make or break this case for you. It's a little at odds with the slim form factor of the case itself. While I do like that there is a lip, the size seems unnecessarily large only because of the overall case's slimness. It wouldn't look odd on a run of the mill Incipio I don't think.

That said, it doesn't make the phone look bad. The case is still very nice and the clear matte isn't showing fingerprints even after a lot of handling.

I'm probably going to keep the case. My only question is if I should trade in for a clear or smoke. I'll give it a few days!

Edited to add: I went ahead and ordered an i-Blason Halo and a Ringke Slim just now for comparison's sake. I'd try the Fusion, but I'm not wild about the dust plugs.

Also, this case is very difficult to take off as has been mentioned in previous PSAJ threads.

Last edited:

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
The ringke slim actually looks almost identical but at half price! Is it just as slim overall compared to the air jacket?

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to compare the two side by side. I tried the power support in store. I received the ringke in the mail on Monday. I am very happy with the ringke. I love power support products, but I do feel they are expensive and don't last. Power support warranty is only 90 days. I think I have finally found the perfect case after trying many cases for my 6 plus. The ringke is very slim, the black one without logo cutout is a nice grippy material but just enough to slide in and out of my pockets. Cutouts are perfect. It does take some effort to remove the case. I don't feel like the case is going to crack like how I felt with the power support.

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
Ordered the Matt clear on line from Apple. Very disappointed. The lip on this case is terrible. Way too high! It's going back.

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Just finished my first day with the clear matte and I've grown used to the lip. It doesn't look strange to me anymore, and if anything it offers a degree of drop protection to the screen (not bad for a case as slim as this). So, the case has grown on me more!

I will definitely be keeping it and possibly using my Apple Store gift card to buy another in clear and smoke.

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Has anyone tried the black rubber?

Macgurl111 (see six or so posts above) has pictures of hers. She's been highly complimentary of the case in other threads. The other PS thread has lots of people who went with black as well and like it.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1778949/

See this post also: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/20351275/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.