Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yeezus.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Riverside, CA
After having the 6 plus for awhile I thank the gods above that I did not settle for the 6. Originally I thought the 6 Plus was too big but now after getting used to it, it is an amazing experience. The experience is much greater than that of my girlfriend's 6. My camera is noticeably better than hers, both with photo and video. Also, I didn't think that the screen resolution would be noticeable to my eyes but my display is clearly more sharp and beautiful than her's. At this point, the size actually feels comfortable and picking up my 5s felt laughable, it felt like a miniature toy.

Oh and the battery is heavenly, just heavenly.

Point of this post: Everyone get a 6 Plus. It is well worth it and is clearly the better phone.

edit - this is making 6 users mad evidently lol

Last edited:

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
When I pick up a 5 or 5S now they feel too small and like toys. But the 6 feels alright too (I am on a 6 plus now). I think 6 is the perfect size if only it had the battery of the 6 plus. But once more and more apps are updated to take advantage of the bigger screen the 6 Plus will be the better device.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
I had my 6+ for a month before switching to the 6. I agree the display on the 6+ is better however I have not noticed any decrease in quality as far as the cameras are concerned. The size of the 6 was just the sweet spot for me. Haven't missed OIS yet but I don't shoot much video anyway.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
The size is totally worth the superior display and battery life. It's so nice not having to panic if I forget to bring my charger to work.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Eh, IDK about clearly the better phone.

Mine lags quite a bit. Crashes too. The screen is noticeably better. Camera, in most situations, I can;t even tell the difference between it and the 5S.

Glad you are happy with your decision though.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
Ois is very noticeable in low light. I considered the 6 for a few days but after 3 days the 6 Plus even the 6 seemed small.

Personal preference, and use goes a long way.

My wife loves her 6, and her best friend regrets getting the 6 Plus.

For me, I can do a reasonable amount of work from the 6 Plus in a more useful way compared to the 6.

This is all dependent on if apps actually target the 6 Plus. Mostly all of mine have been updated for at least basic support.

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Thank GOD I got a 6...

After having the 6 for awhile I thank the gods above that I did not go for the 6 plus. Originally I thought the 6 was small but now after getting used to it, it is an amazing experience. The experience is much greater than that of my friend's 6 plus. My camera is almost the same, both with photo and video. Also, I though that the screen resolution would be noticeable to my eyes but my display is is the same in daily use unless I watch movies (which I don't). At this point, the size actually feels comfortable and picking up my 4s felt laughable, it felt like a miniature toy.

Point of this post: Everyone get a 6. It is clearly the better phone.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I have the 6 and I love it. I couldn't quite get used to the 6 Plus. It wasn't the size per se, but the aspect ratio. If I'm going to have a device that size, I want it shaped like a tablet, not a phone. The fact that it was so large and yet so narrow made it feel very unbalanced in my hand.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Ois is very noticeable in low light.

It doesn't always make a real-world difference.

iPhone 6, no OIS
img_0342.jpg

iPhone 6+ with OIS
img_00511.jpg

iPhone 6, no OIS
img_0381.jpg

iPhone 6+ with OIS
img_0054.jpg

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
After having the 6 plus for awhile I thank the gods above that I did not settle for the 6. Originally I thought the 6 Plus was too big but now after getting used to it, it is an amazing experience. The experience is much greater than that of my girlfriend's 6. My camera is noticeably better than hers, both with photo and video. Also, I didn't think that the screen resolution would be noticeable to my eyes but my display is clearly more sharp and beautiful than her's. At this point, the size actually feels comfortable and picking up my 5s felt laughable, it felt like a miniature toy.

Point of this post: Everyone get a 6 Plus. It is well worth it and is clearly the better phone.
When you say a better camera do you mean when you are dancing at a wedding in low light and using the optical stabilisation? I haven't seen any other time when it totally out performs that of the standard 6 because it is the same sensor and both camera's are pretty good. I don't believe for a second it is noticeably better in reasonable conditions because I have experienced both these devices first hand too.

Maybe you could post a couple of comparison pics? Might help convince others of your point.

It is nice to know you are happy with your decision though, I know I am with mine. For me the iPhone 6 Plus fell out of the running because of its physical size. I couldn't use it and am glad I went for the more practical option. For others, its all down to their preference. :)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Of course to each his/her own, but I so love the Plus. Initially, when following these threads, I had buyers remorse waiting for my Plus to come. Once I got it and used it, I was hooked. No going back now. I really like the bigger screen. I find myself using my iPhone more than my iPad.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
lol I can't tell if real or fake op but I love my plus too :cool:

We have a 6 and my 6 plus in the house so I see both everyday. Imo the screen resolution is noticeable.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK

be careful you don't let your girlfriend handle your 6 + , she may think the same and dump you :rolleyes:

/s

Yeezus.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Riverside, CA
Eh, IDK about clearly the better phone.

Mine lags quite a bit. Crashes too. The screen is noticeably better. Camera, in most situations, I can;t even tell the difference between it and the 5S.

Glad you are happy with your decision though.

Mine has never lagged or crashed once, so I don't know what phone you bought.

----------

lol I can't tell if real or fake op but I love my plus too :cool:

We have a 6 and my 6 plus in the house so I see both everyday. Imo the screen resolution is noticeable.

I'm serious lol. Before mine came I bought into all the posts that there was no noticeable difference between picture quality, resolution etc. from 6 owners trying to convince themselves that they had the same specs. I can clearly see the difference in screen resolution under normal use, hell even when just looking at the home screen. A lot of 6 users are mad that their phones are deficient in a few areas, and that is understandable, however they shouldn't be in denial lol.

Yeezus.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Riverside, CA
After having the 6 for awhile I thank the gods above that I did not go for the 6 plus. Originally I thought the 6 was small but now after getting used to it, it is an amazing experience. The experience is much greater than that of my friend's 6 plus. My camera is almost the same, both with photo and video. Also, I though that the screen resolution would be noticeable to my eyes but my display is is the same in daily use unless I watch movies (which I don't). At this point, the size actually feels comfortable and picking up my 4s felt laughable, it felt like a miniature toy.

Point of this post: Everyone get a 6. It is clearly the better phone.

Haha, funny. Only when watching movies huh? I am holding both phones next to each other right now and I can see the difference in resolution just looking at the home screen apps. After using the 6 plus for a few minutes, the 6 looks fuzzy even under "normal use" sorry bro. I am just happy I got the 6 plus, doesn't mean 6 users have to go into denial/defend mode lol face facts.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Haha, funny. Only when watching movies huh? I am holding both phones next to each other right now and I can see the difference in resolution just looking at the home screen apps. After using the 6 plus for a few minutes, the 6 looks fuzzy even under "normal use" sorry bro. I am just happy I got the 6 plus, doesn't mean 6 users have to go into denial/defend mode lol face facts.

I'm not sure who you're trying to convince here to be honest! If you like your 6+ then that's great for you but you have to understand that not everyone will agree with you and people who don't aren't necessarily "in denial" - it is possible for someone to have a different set of requirements and a different opinion and for that to be perfectly valid ;)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
OIS is a plus but its not the end all be all.
OP, I'm glad you're happy with the IP6+. One size does not fit all, so while that plus is good for you, that doesn't mean its good for everyone.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I'm serious lol. Before mine came I bought into all the posts that there was no noticeable difference between picture quality, resolution etc. from 6 owners trying to convince themselves that they had the same specs. I can clearly see the difference in screen resolution under normal use, hell even when just looking at the home screen. A lot of 6 users are mad that their phones are deficient in a few areas, and that is understandable, however they shouldn't be in denial lol.

I don't doubt that the 6plus has better resolution and camera, but for me it's more important that the 6 is more comfortable to hold in my hand. I'm not in denial about the spec differences, but I am happy with my 6. Why would I be mad about anything? What good is a better camera and better resolution when I can't hold the phone comfortably? I considered all factors and went with the 6. You went with the 6plus. I'm happy, you are happy. No need to tell me I'm somehow in denial about anything.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I'm gonna have to give up my plus to go to switch to tmobile from att.. im figuring out if there's a way to keep it. are they both exactly the same phones or tmobile phones have some special features in them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.