Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Owenjg77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
Hello there,

I just upgraded my iCloud to 500GB as I want to upload 200GB of photos on my Mac's iPhoto to iCloud and then delete the photos from my mac.
Can I do it? And if so how?

Thank you in advance

Owen

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Hello there,

I just upgraded my iCloud to 500GB as I want to upload 200GB of photos on my Mac's iPhoto to iCloud and then delete the photos from my mac.

Thank you in advance

Owen

Not directly right now. Apple is coming out with a Photos app next year that will allow this. But IF you are a Mac OS X beta tester, you can go to the beta.icloud.com website and there is a web version of Photos that allows uploads. I have used it to upload some 10,000 pictures and it works pretty good. But you have to be a beta tester to get access. I imagine they will release it soon to the public.

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA

You can upload via icloud.com if you have iCloud beta access. Go to https://beta.icloud.com/#photos. Note that it's in beta, and they may wipe information before going final on this feature. Note that functionality may change, and I'm guessing they won't enable this to the masses until Photos for Mac comes out early next year. Keep a local copy and be careful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.