Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1k9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
I have an iPad Air and have it fully charged, I've been using it for approximately five 5 1/2 hours today surfing the Internet and watching YouTube videos and the battery hasn't moved at all from 100%. This just doesn't seem normal and want others opinion.
Does it sounds like my iPad air battery is malfunctioning? I don't believe I've ever had the Battery meter stay at 100% for so long.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
If it's running iOS 8 then that could be the problem. Several members on MR have reported quirky battery readings running iOS 8. Is it normal?. Nope, is your battery going defective? I doubt it.

Try doing a hardware reset (home+power buttons). Apple is releasing a new update for iOS 8 that addresses several bugs and performance enhancements. They haven't gone into details about what those fixes are for other than they want to improve performance on the iPad 2.

1k9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Did the hard reset and the battery meter jumped all the way down to 9%, I knew there was something funny going on.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Did the hard reset and the battery meter jumped all the way down to 9%, I knew there was something funny going on.

Geesh. That seems to be too low of a reading then. I bet your somewhere in the 40% to 50% range with the usage you describe. Charge it again and let it cycle a few times to see if it "figures" itself out. Could always try a third party battery app to see what it says you have left.

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
This must be an iOS 8 bug. I was at the Apple Store and noticed all these iPads at 100%. When I started using them, all of a sudden the battery percent dropped to the actual percent, whatever that was for the particular device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.