Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColleenFuller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
I am new to MacRumours so please forgive me if this discussion has already taken place.

I installed Yosemite on my MacBook Pro about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I tried downloading an emailed Word document that had been edited with Track changes. My 2008 Mac Word program froze and I had to Force Quit. Nothing I did would allow me to download the document.

Then my pad and mouse both were unable to scroll through a Word document. Aargh!

I have version 12.3.6. Should I buy the 2011 Word for Mac - will that resolve any compatibility problems between the 2008 version and Yosemite?

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
I am new to MacRumours so please forgive me if this discussion has already taken place.

I installed Yosemite on my MacBook Pro about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I tried downloading an emailed Word document that had been edited with Track changes. My 2008 Mac Word program froze and I had to Force Quit. Nothing I did would allow me to download the document.

Then my pad and mouse both were unable to scroll through a Word document. Aargh!

I have version 12.3.6. Should I buy the 2011 Word for Mac - will that resolve any compatibility problems between the 2008 version and Yosemite?

What do you mean by "Nothing I did would allow me to download the document. " Is it saved on your computer? If you didn't download the document, how did you open it than?

Reinstall word 2008 and see how it goes.

ColleenFuller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Yosemite

Sorry, I was working on another Word document - I couldn't download the one that was emailed to me.

Thanks for your suggestion - I will try that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.