Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone4sinwhite

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
My wife and I are looking for a way to share notes, articles, etc. between us. I have OneNote 2011 on my Mac and have installed it on my iPhone and iPad and she has it on her PC and iPhone. What is the best way for us to share notes? Is it best to use the same outlook account instead of sharing notes between two accounts?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I know MS Office supports dropbox, does OneNote fall in this category? If so, create a dropbox account, one for each of you. Share a folder that has notes in it and then you will be able to update and share notes.

Since all of your devices can have dropbox on them, it will be easy to view and edit them on all your devices.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
You should create a OneDrive-hosted notebook in OneNote, and invite the other person to edit it via their own account. OneNote will then also track changes made by each person. See Microsoft Help on sharing OneNote notebooks.

My wife and I are looking for a way to share notes, articles, etc. between us. I have OneNote 2011 on my Mac and have installed it on my iPhone and iPad and she has it on her PC and iPhone. What is the best way for us to share notes? Is it best to use the same outlook account instead of sharing notes between two accounts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.