Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
It's been stuck like this for a while.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165

Harry Muff

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Hold down the power button until it shuts down completely.

Now while holding CMD-R, press the power button once to start and keep CMD-R pressed until you get to OS X Utilities.

Choose Disk Utility and go to the First Aid tab. Press Repair Disk and then Repair Permissions.

Quit Disk Utility when it's finished and restart your Mac.

If that doesn't fix it, start your Mac the same way but this time choose Reinstall OS X.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I've gotten stuck in the boot a few times. Just kill it and start over. You also may want to repair the disk once in a while.

Harry Muff

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
I would try running Apple Hardware Test (if you have pre-June 2013 mac) or Apple Diagnostics (if you have a post-June 2013 mac).

I tried both of those.

It says to just press "D" at start up for for both old and new Macs, but I found that for the older Mac I have I needed to press Option-D.

"D" worked fine for my Late 2013 rMBP though.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has a problem with the test on an older Mac.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Well I got it to come on and it comes every time I restart it. Now there's a damn loading bar every time it restarts. I'll run it for a few more days and if I get the pinkish screen again I guess I'll have to go beg Apple for a depot repair. I ran out and bought a terabyte external drive to back it up in case things get worse and I'm without it for a week or more.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Well I got it to come on and it comes every time I restart it. Now there's a damn loading bar every time it restarts. I'll run it for a few more days and if I get the pinkish screen again I guess I'll have to go beg Apple for a depot repair. I ran out and bought a terabyte external drive to back it up in case things get worse and I'm without it for a week or more.

The "damn loading bar" is normal. This is how it looks in Yosemite.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
The logic board failed. The good news is Apple waived the depot repair fee even though it was out of warranty. I'm thankful for that.

Eternal 28

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
I am sick of sending my 15" 2011 Macbook Pro in for repair. Im getting my third logic board and if it fails again hopefully Apple will replace it with a mid 2014 Macbook Pro Retina.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
So the replacement logic boards are failing too? I was hoping they couldn't fix mine and had to replace it.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
I got it back from Apple. Everything is working fine so far. I just hope that if the replacement logic board fails it does so within 90 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.