Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeilerBird

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
I signed up a week ago and immediately started getting annoying emails telling me someone had replied to a thread I responded to. It includes a link to unsubscribe. So I click on the link and search all over the page until I give up, I can't find anyplace on the page to unsubscribe. So I send an email to MR and ask how to I unsubscribe. The reply tells me I don't have to do anything but click on the link. Well I have clicked on the unsubscribe to all link many times and I keep getting these stupid emails. I complained again by email and was ignored. So this will be my last post here. It is not worth all the spam you are sending me.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
I signed up a week ago and immediately started getting annoying emails telling me someone had replied to a thread I responded to. It includes a link to unsubscribe. So I click on the link and search all over the page until I give up, I can't find anyplace on the page to unsubscribe. So I send an email to MR and ask how to I unsubscribe. The reply tells me I don't have to do anything but click on the link. Well I have clicked on the unsubscribe to all link many times and I keep getting these stupid emails. I complained again by email and was ignored. So this will be my last post here. It is not worth all the spam you are sending me.

If you are still part of MacRumors, it is very easy to unsubscribe from a thread. Just above you will see a button that states "Thread Tools" after you hit the button there will be a drop down to subscribe or unsubscribe.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
There are all kinds of options in your user panel, just like every other online forum.

I'm annoyed that you decided to create a new thread rather than simply contact MacRumors privately.

Just curious about your thought process here. Did you really believe that creating a useless thread on the iPhone discussion board whining about a non-iphone related issue would solve your problem?

If so, then yes please please unsubscribe ASAP and leave.

Yakibomb

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2014
Cape Town
Wow it really amazes me at how people are quick to get angry and push the blame onto others. It took me all of 1 minute to find out how to unsubscribe from threads, rather read the FAQ or just look around yourself next time

SeilerBird

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
MOD NOTE

Thread moved to the correct forum.

----------

OP, you need to change your default thread subscription option here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/account/preferences

Thank you for the information. That finally solves the problem.

I have been on many forums. This is the first one that sends endless emails without asking for them and then makes it difficult to turn off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.