Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tarek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Cairo
I have a mid-2010 MacBook Pro and I am trying to avoid installing Windows using a DVD disc since my optical drive hasn't been used in ages and to be honest it has never performed well and always gave me errors and such (both on this MBP and my older '08 one).

I have been searching on how to install Windows using a USB Flash Drive and it turned out to be a hassle because only MacBooks without an optical drive are allowed to do that, however after following tutorials in several articles, I was able to edit the Info.plist in order to enable that feature and it worked. I burnt the ISO to the flash drive and used Boot Camp Assistant to create a partition and when I tried installing, it allow me to install to the Boot Camp partition saying: "Error: Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. The Selected Disk Has an MBR Partition Table. On EFI Systems, Windows Can Only Be Installed to GPT.).

Any ideas guys?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.