Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngallor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
i want to sell my old great mac and i need to know how many can i get from it, i know it is a very old mac but it is a very good computer for home.

Specifications:

Macbook6,1 White late 2009 13-inch 250 GB Sata

Processor: 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software: OS X 10.9.5

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for, then adjust prices as necessary, considering the refurb store will not carry Macs as old as yours.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
Selling

So, if selling my MacBook (to Gazelle or private party), what are the steps to insure none of my personal data remains on the drive or in memory? How do I thoroughly "Cleanse and purge" it?

Thanks.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
So, if selling my MacBook (to Gazelle or private party), what are the steps to insure none of my personal data remains on the drive or in memory? How do I thoroughly "Cleanse and purge" it?

Thanks.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5189

Just follow this. When you get to the erase disk step you can follow this to do a secure erase of the disk if want to make sure nobody can recover data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.