Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, the first update to the new operating system since its initial October release. Testing for OS X 10.10.1 began on November 3, with Apple seeding two betas to developers before launching the software publicly.

The new software is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

10_10_1_update.jpg
The OS X 10.10.1 update is recommended for all Yosemite users. It improves the stability and compatibility of your Mac. This update:

- Improves Wi-Fi reliability
- Improves reliability when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange Server
- Improves reliability sending Mail messages when using certain email service providers
- Improves reliability when connecting to remote computers using Back to My Mac.
The update should fix several major issues that users have been seeing with OS X Yosemite, including a major Wi-Fi issue that's caused connection problems for a number of users.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 With Wi-Fi Reliability Improvements

binaryspiral

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Installing now ... crossing my fingers and rummaging through the list of fixes looking for the annoying hostname renumbering bug...

MacBook Pro (8) or was it (7), yesterday it was (9)...

Argh.

jfischer

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
Anyone know if it fixes Time Machine browsing?

According to the release notes it should:

Resolves an issue that might prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups

Last edited:

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Hope this fixes the laggy wired keyboard issue.
But I'll wait to install until others do and I get positive feedback.:D

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
I think I'm still getting beta's and whatever one I'm on right now has been the worse. Serious lag issues switching full screen windows and the internet connectivity seems to keep getting worse.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I really hope the Wi-Fi issue is resolved. I couldn't watch a whole movie with AirPlay from my laptop to my Apple TV without it disconnecting from the Wi-Fi and the movie stopping, multiple times during one movie.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
For what it is worth, I've been running the 10.10.1 beta for a couple of weeks and it really seemed to stabilize everything. Wi-fi has been solid for me in comparison to 10.10.0. Mail seems much improved as well.

Overall, I'd say it is a great update.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Are they ever gonna fix Handoff? It barely mostly never works

I know this is not helpful to you at all, but I've got to say, Handoff has been somewhat reliable for me since iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite were released to the public.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Installing now ... crossing my fingers and rummaging through the list of fixes looking for the annoying hostname renumbering bug...

MacBook Pro (8) or was it (7), yesterday it was (9)...

Argh.

Seeing same thing here. Then when I log into to iMessage it acts like I'm a logging in from a different computer because the host name changed.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
No issues installing on my 2010 iMac at all. My 2013 rMBP upon rebooting came up with the gray screen on top of everything else. I'm assuming due to all open windows reopening. Turns out it was Setup Assistant that opened when the computer came back up. My spaces hot corner would work to see what was opened but no way to use the computer. I tried to reboot the computer with the power button but when the window came up asking what I wanted to do, I would get an error saying I needed to close Setup Assistant. So I was forced to do a forced shutdown.

But everything came back up with no problems at all.

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto
Seems to be stuck on the Restarting screen. Been like that for the last 10 minutes. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Force. Reboot. Must.

D.

Edit: Couldn't resist. Forced reboot. Everything seems fine.

Last edited:

Cardsnk

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Can someone please post some updates on general UI lag/choppiness issues? Specifically with retina macbook pros now with transparency turned on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.