Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
I've decided I'm gonna get a retina 13" MBP, but I was wondering how long the process took with the UK online store's finance option. I'll have the cash upfront in 3 weeks or so but I was wondering if it might be quicker getting it on the finance deal and settling it once I have the cash, so I get it earlier.

So, if anyone has taken this option before I'd be grateful in learning approximately how long the process took from order to delivery; if it's a relatively short time then the likelihood is I'll run with it.

Last edited:

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
Used it a couple of times (always when the Christmas 0% offer is on, which will probably show up again in a couple of weeks). The finance takes 3-4 days to set up (possibly longer if you get referred and have to actually talk to Barclays/Clydesdale).

After that it takes as long as it takes to build/ship, check estimated the delivery dates in the Apple store.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Can do it instore there and then

My first mac was bought on finance in an apple store they did it there and then and I walked out with the macbook pro. It is done through barclays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.