Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Since iCloud sux so much, I made the tough decision to upgrade my Google+ storage to 100GB and start backing up my photos from my iPhones and iPad to my Google+ account. Well, after deleting the photos from my idevices, I discover that Google plus is backing up some of my photos at full size BUT NOT ALL OF THEM and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why? For example, a photo I just uploaded is stating 254K on Goolge but 3MB in my iPhone 6 camera roll!! The setting in Google+ is set to FULL SIZE! I've confirmed this over and over. Does anyone know what's going on with this? I can't get any help on the Google help forums. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Spot check?

Can I get a few forum members who use Google+ to spot check your auto-backed-up photos and report back whether you have any that are low res but which should be full size photos?

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
i am guessing that you have selected full sized backups in your options...

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
OMG! This appears to be an iPhone / iOS glitch! I have to apologize to Google!

I just turned on Auto-sync under my Flickr app and tested a photo and low and behold the original under flickr.com is low res, 169KB but 3MB when I manually email it from the iPhone's Photos app! What the HELL is going on?

But wait! I know someone having the same problem with Google+ under Android!!! This mystery is driving me crazy! Don't know if they've tried Flickr under Android. But how could this problem be across clouds AND mobile platforms?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.