Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nafizur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
hi guys,

just jailbroke my iPhone 6 plus. Could you please provide the best repos out there?? is ihacks.repo still good and working?

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
hi guys,

just jailbroke my iPhone 6 plus. Could you please provide the best repos out there?? is ihacks.repo still good and working?

Repo's aren't as important as tweaks. The default repo's already have tons of tweaks. You should be asking for tweaks, because everyone has different wants and needs. I would personally just look up "best tweaks" and you can take what you think is cool or useful. The only "best repo's" I can think of would be BiteYourApple and HackYouriPhone, because they provide paid tweaks, for free. Of course, that's frowned upon, but I'd consider it resourceful if that's what you're looking for.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Repo's aren't as important as tweaks. The default repo's already have tons of tweaks. You should be asking for tweaks, because everyone has different wants and needs. I would personally just look up "best tweaks" and you can take what you think is cool or useful. The only "best repo's" I can think of would be BiteYourApple and HackYouriPhone, because they provide paid tweaks, for free. Of course, that's frowned upon, but I'd consider it resourceful if that's what you're looking for.

This ^

Very important now to go slow and only add stuf that you know works with your phone, iOS 8.1.1 is out so if you screw up your phone may be locked out of the JB

nafizur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
This ^

Very important now to go slow and only add stuf that you know works with your phone, iOS 8.1.1 is out so if you screw up your phone may be locked out of the JB

i am having some serious random reboot issues. I don't even know which tweak is causing this.

nafizur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
What do you have installed, did you JB from a clean install.

yes, it was a clean install. restored to 8.1 then jailbroke then loaded backup then opened cydia. everythign was working good and now my phone randomly crashes and i can't update or install any app store apps.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
yes, it was a clean install. restored to 8.1 then jailbroke then loaded backup then opened cydia. everythign was working good and now my phone randomly crashes and i can't update or install any app store apps.

Was the backup from a phone that had a previous JB? And just to be sure you have not loaded any Tweaks?

nafizur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Was the backup from a phone that had a previous JB? And just to be sure you have not loaded any Tweaks?

no backup was from non jb iphone. this is the first time i jailbroke the 6 plus. i did load tweaks after i jailbroke the phone. a bunch of them. at first it was working fine but as i installed and uninstalled tweaks, the crashing started.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
no backup was from non jb iphone. this is the first time i jailbroke the 6 plus. i did load tweaks after i jailbroke the phone. a bunch of them. at first it was working fine but as i installed and uninstalled tweaks, the crashing started.

Ok then something you installed does not play well with iOS 8 or the JB. Not trying to be accusatory but did you instal some cracked apps, those often cause problems. I would restore as new and JB again then load your backup and start again loading tweaks. Go slow, only load ones that you have verified work on iOS8.

I think 8.1 is still being signed?

nafizur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Ok then something you installed does not play well with iOS 8 or the JB. Not trying to be accusatory but did you instal some cracked apps, those often cause problems. I would restore as new and JB again then load your backup and start again loading tweaks. Go slow, only load ones that you have verified work on iOS8.

I think 8.1 is still being signed?

i don't have app sync to installed cracked apps form app store. i did install 2 cracked tweaks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.