Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
So I don't know how it happened but I got this message and each time I hit ok it keeps coming back and I cannot get back into Cydia because the screen keeps popping up any suggestions or solutions?
Everything else seems to be working fine and I did do a reboot which did nothing
thank you

93040862a794acc9f74029d6c6b9fa54.jpg

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
I'm not sure what it could've been the only thing I installed recently is ExKey which puts the fifth row on the keyboard through bite your Apple

it's in a constant loop and I can't get rid of it

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
It was free I checked two repos and none of them were charging

Update: I got rid of it you have to constantly tap the back button in the upper left to back out of it as you're hitting the ok

I also went back a d purchased the legit app from big boss repo

Last edited:

Fullgore104

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
How long did it take you to finally be able to click back? I also have encountered the same thing. It came from xsellize. If I can get back into Cydia xsellize is gone

ElTucan831

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
iOS crash report

I had this exact same thing happen. Mine happened immediately as I was searching for an app. Of course I kind of freaked out. I tried turning my phone on and off and that seemed to do something but didn't take care of the issue. I tried resetting the network and nothing. What worked was doing what kiddk1 did which was repeatedly pressing the back button. It didn't worked the first time but did after I turned it off and on so that had to do something with it and I even pressed the volume up button because I read that does something in substrate I think but I don't know.

brandonjjones57

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2014
I had the same thing happen to me, but instead of clicking "Ok" and trying to click "Back" for 15 minutes, I came up with a much simpler solution.

1. Double tap the iPhone home button then close Cydia

2. When you return to your home screen get ready to open Cydia. As soon as you click to open the Cydia app immediately tap repeatedly in the top left corner where the "Back" button was and if done fast enough you should back out of the iOS Crash Warning on your first try. ;)

Brandon Jones
www.waterbrookinsurance.com
Orlando, Florida
:apple:

bmfb1980

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2015
Fixing the "IOS Security" endless loop

I endedup up on this STUPID page after searching for an instrumental MP3, so anyone can end up here.

As soon as your iPhone lands on it, you get stuck in that stupid endless loop. And if you are on cellular data, it will probably suck up and use all your data so be careful.

None of the other suggestions worked, so here's how I got rid of it:

1) turn off all cellular data
2) go into safari's settings, and turn off everything you can. I shut off cookies, pre-loading, and Java, among other things. I think the pre-loading and Java did the trick when I shut them off.

go back to safari, and that page should no longer be jamming you with that stupid popup. KILL that page, and report it to apple so they permanently block it and maybe develop a fix for this horrid bug.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I have a very simple solution for all of you.......stop using pirated repos.....simple isn't it :)

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
it has nothing to do with pirated repos, I got it again on a legit repo

"I'm not sure what it could've been the only thing I installed recently is ExKey which puts the fifth row on the keyboard through bite your Apple "

So you call this a legit repo, very funny :)

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
"I'm not sure what it could've been the only thing I installed recently is ExKey which puts the fifth row on the keyboard through bite your Apple "

So you call this a legit repo, very funny :)

I just said I got it a second time from a different repo, that was the first time in the original post, I was not referring to that

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
OK, but by the time you used the legit repo, it was already to late....

Stansil

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2015
I had the same thing happen to me today on my iPad. I chose "Settings", then chose "Safari", then "Clear History and Website Data". That worked! Presumably the equivalent would work even if you don't have Safari. Hope this helps! It was extremely frustrating until I fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.