Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I have MovieBox installed on my i6 and iPad. At one point, I used to be able to stream to my Apple Tv. When I tried the other night, Apple Tv kept giving me errors. I restarted and it wouldn't stream.

I can't use comcast because the streaming is atrocious, so I use personal hotspot and connect ATv to it. It used to stream that way before but now nothing.

Suggestions?

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
Hmm I can do it, though I only ever try after downloading the movies. I have issues with the AirPlay dropping out once in a while but that's it

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Hmm I can do it, though I only ever try after downloading the movies. I have issues with the AirPlay dropping out once in a while but that's it

maybe i'll try that.

Do you use Bridge to import to iTunes?

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I have MovieBox installed on my i6 and iPad. At one point, I used to be able to stream to my Apple Tv. When I tried the other night, Apple Tv kept giving me errors. I restarted and it wouldn't stream.

I can't use comcast because the streaming is atrocious, so I use personal hotspot and connect ATv to it. It used to stream that way before but now nothing.

Suggestions?

I'm doing as I type this.

Turn on hotspot on phone.

Turn on wifi for Apple TV and iPad.

Connect to phone.

Select movie or show to stream.

Tap AirPlay icon displayed lower right corner and select you Apple TV.

Done.

This Method only works on jailbroken devices that installed movie box through cydia.

If you are using the movie box app that was installed through safari follow this method

Turn on wifi and Bluetooth for Apple TV

Turn on wifi and Bluetooth for iPhone

Make sure iPhone is not connected to any network.

Turn on iPhone mirror and select Apple TV

Open movie box app.

Done.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I'm doing as I type this.

Turn on hotspot on phone.

Turn on wifi for Apple TV and iPad.

Connect to phone.

Tap AirPlay icon displayed lower right corner and select you Apple TV.

Done.

This Method only works on jailbroken devices that installed movie box through cydia.

If you are using the movie box app that was installed through safari follow this method

Turn on wifi and Bluetooth for Apple TV

Turn on wifi and Bluetooth for iPhone

Make sure iPhone is not connected to any network.

Turn on iPhone mirror and select Apple TV

Open movie box app.

Done.

i'll give it a shot

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Did this work?

I'm thinking of buying an Apple TV solely for the purpose of mirroring MovieBox onto my TV. If anyone knows of any cheaper ways of casting Moviebox to the TV it'll be much appreciated.

Thanks ;)

I still haven't had the chance yet. (too much imbibing with my coworker and building fires) :cool:

I will today.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I still haven't had the chance yet. (too much imbibing with my coworker and building fires) :cool:

I will today.

OK. Do let me know :cool: At the moment, I'm trying to find other ways of watching MovieBox on the TV. Downloading videos on MovieBox is excruciatingly slow. :(

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
also having the same problem. I just download what i want to watch and then can airplay as usual. Otherwise you have to mirror and keep the device on.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
also having the same problem. I just download what i want to watch and then can airplay as usual. Otherwise you have to mirror and keep the device on.

If you are using the jailbroken version, you can use the AirPlay button on the lower right hand corner.

If your using non-jailbroken version, you have to use the mirroring method.

Mrmikey7

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2014
Im running movie box on my iPad and iPhone 6 both jailbroken and both work perfectly fine with airplay. Maybe your internet connection is too slow.

brushpicks11

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2014
MovieBox Airplay Choppy video stream

My moviebox runs fine and I can stream it via airplay to my apple tv 3 on HD with no sound or quality problems but the video has this weird choppiness to it almost like it is hiccuping rhythmically. I've tried different streams, different quality and nothing works just that same glitchiness.

It's not my internet because HD airplay works flawlessly in safari, video app, and youtube. It's just moviebox. Doesn't matter if I download the video either.

Anyone else having this problem/know why this problem exists. I'm on ios7.1 and even ios 6 has this issue. I've tried different versions of moviebox with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kimurz

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
Looking for some help please. I have a JB iPhone 5, running IOS 7.1.2 & Cydia & recently updated to Moviebox 3.2.3 using the BYA repo & then uninstalled & reinstalled with DTAthemes repo. Since updating some of the movies are working, but none of the TV series. I have tried using a VPN but still the TV series come up "video not available". For the movies that are working, I cannot AirPlay through Apple TV - it says file content not recognized or something similar. Is this an issue on my end, on Movie Box's? Thank you.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
sounds like something on your end. I just streamed 3 tv shows and 1 movie this morning to my appletv3 using moviebox 3.2.3

yvm22

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2015
Looking for some help please. I have a JB iPhone 5, running IOS 7.1.2 & Cydia & recently updated to Moviebox 3.2.3 using the BYA repo & then uninstalled & reinstalled with DTAthemes repo. Since updating some of the movies are working, but none of the TV series. I have tried using a VPN but still the TV series come up "video not available". For the movies that are working, I cannot AirPlay through Apple TV - it says file content not recognized or something similar. Is this an issue on my end, on Movie Box's? Thank you.

I'm having exactly the same problem. I cannot airplay movibox movies. I get the following error message on the tv screen "An error occurred loading this content. Try again later."
The weird thing though is that i can stream perfectly fine the tv shows moviebox section. I can stream youtube videos. I can even mirror the moviebox movie content but then i cannot get out of the screen of my phone since it is mirroring everything on the iPhones screen. I've also restarted several times my phone and the apple tv with no different results.

I'm on ios 8.1.1 jailbroken with Moviebox 3.2.3 latest version.

Can anyone help us.

Jsept1

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
I'm having exactly the same problem. I cannot airplay movibox movies. I get the following error message on the tv screen "An error occurred loading this content. Try again later."
The weird thing though is that i can stream perfectly fine the tv shows moviebox section. I can stream youtube videos. I can even mirror the moviebox movie content but then i cannot get out of the screen of my phone since it is mirroring everything on the iPhones screen. I've also restarted several times my phone and the apple tv with no different results.

I'm on ios 8.1.1 jailbroken with Moviebox 3.2.3 latest version.

Can anyone help us.
Since the update I can no longer use Airplay. You are not the only one. Sometimes I get it to work after 50 tries but now I just give up. My Amazon movies work fine its just with Moviebox and just started after the last update. Very frustrating and I hope they can fix it. I get the same message.

yvm22

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2015
Thanks. At least i know it is not just me.

Does anyone know where i could notify moviebox team about this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.