Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I have iTunes Match and want to download all tunes from certain playlists to my iPhone so that I have access to them locally rather than streaming.

If I hit "Download All" at the top of the playlist, it only downloads the first 25 songs and the rest just have a spinning red circle. The only way to download the remaining tunes is to manually tap each spinning red circle to get it started, which isn't practical with a playlist of 1,000+ tunes.

Any ideas?

jamiebrown6

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2013
I have iTunes Match and want to download all tunes from certain playlists to my iPhone so that I have access to them locally rather than streaming.

If I hit "Download All" at the top of the playlist, it only downloads the first 25 songs and the rest just have a spinning red circle. The only way to download the remaining tunes is to manually tap each spinning red circle to get it started, which isn't practical with a playlist of 1,000+ tunes.

Any ideas?

Have exactly the same problem. Have tried a restore from backup too. This didn't help either - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1786762/

wazaroff

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2015
Nested playlists

I had this issue too on my iPhone and iPad, and tried a bunch of different things and nothing worked. Then I discovered that songs in playlists within folders in iTunes wouldn't download, but non "nested" playlists worked normally. I made all my playlists flat, and removed all my folders in iTunes on my Mac and now it's working normally for the most part. I have to hit Download All a few times on my iPhone, but everything does download without having to touch each eternally spinning red circle. Not sure if this will work for others, but wanted to post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.