Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, Apple Store shipping estimates for the iPhone 6 Plus have improved slightly, with the 16GB iPhone 6 Plus in all colors and from all carriers now carrying a shipping estimate of 7 to 10 days in the United States. Shipping estimates for the 64GB iPhone 6 Plus in all colors and from all carriers have also seen improvement, going from 3 to 4 weeks to 2 to 3 weeks.

While shipping estimates for the 16GB and 64GB iPhone 6 Plus have improved, shipping estimates for the harder-to-find 128GB iPhone 6 Plus remain at 3 to 4 weeks, suggesting the higher-capacity model is the most constrained.

iphone6plusshippingimprovements.jpg
Apple is also seeing improved supply of the iPhone 6, and the 16GB device now has a shipping estimate of 5 to 7 days, down from 7 to 10 days. Higher-capacity 64 and 128GB iPhone 6 models continue to ship in 7 to 10 days.

Many other countries in Europe and Asia are also seeing the same improved shipping estimates from the online Apple Store, as are Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

In store supply of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus also appears to be improving somewhat, as many stores across the country list availability of both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in 16 and 64GB configurations. Apple Stores continue to receive new iPhone shipments on a regular basis, but stock can go quickly because many retail locations are still seeing lines more than two months after the phones first went on sale. Tracking tool iStockNow can be used to find where iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices are available.

iphone6plusstockinstore.jpg
During Apple's fourth quarter earnings call on October 20, Apple CEO Tim Cook said that demand for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus was "far outstripping" supply, and that the company was "not close" to having a balance between supply and demand at that time. Apple has, however, been working hard to improve iPhone 6 and 6 Plus supply, reportedly delaying mass production of the rumored iPad Pro in order to focus its resources on higher iPhone 6 Plus output.

Early analysis has suggested that consumers in the U.S. are favoring the iPhone 6 over the 6 Plus by 3:1, but as supply of both models remains constrained, it is impossible to determine the true ratio of iPhone 6 demand vs. iPhone 6 Plus demand at this time.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Times Improve Slightly, Now 7 to 10 Days for 16GB Model

J. Jizzle

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2013
U.S.A.
Who wants the 16 GB version though? Most people want the 64 GB or 128 GB versions... IMO the 16 GB version is a waste of money given the 64 GB version is just $100 more.

Illbay

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2014
Houston
Waiting twice

I ordered my 6 Plus 128 GB the week after they went on sale, from AT&T. Charged my CC and everything. Said "Delivery sometime in November.

Day before Halloween, got iMessage from AT&T: "Dear sir,we tried to charge your card but there was a problem. Please call us within one week or your order will be canceled."

Called them immediately. Problem was that (1) they didn't actually charge my card at the time of order but only "reserved funds" which of course expires after a week, (2) they only charge for the device at shipping, and (3) my CC had expired in the six weeks since the order.

No problem, right? "Here's the new expiration date!"

"I'm sorry sir, but the order was canceled when the card didn't go through. You must reorder..."

AND GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE!

So the message that "your order is on hold" wasn't true at all...at least not for the iPhone 6 Plus. After all, why wait for you to call them back when there's a waiting list!

So I reordered. I will get it "sometime before the end of the year."

Jerks.

PersonalEffects

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
Chicago, IL
I ordered my 6 Plus 128 GB the week after they went on sale, from AT&T. Charged my CC and everything. Said "Delivery sometime in November.

Day before Halloween, got iMessage from AT&T: "Dear sir,we tried to charge your card but there was a problem. Please call us within one week or your order will be canceled."

Called them immediately. Problem was that (1) they didn't actually charge my card at the time of order but only "reserved funds" which of course expires after a week, (2) they only charge for the device at shipping, and (3) my CC had expired in the six weeks since the order.

"I'm sorry sir, but the order was canceled when the card didn't go through. You must reorder..."

So the message that "your order is on hold" wasn't true at all...at least not for the iPhone 6 Plus. After all, why wait for you to call them back when there's a waiting list!

Jerks.

Curious, do you have Premier or just a regular consumer AT&T plan?

wdw_

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2002
As of today, I've been waiting for my 64GB, space grey, iPhone 6 Plus for 49 days.....wtf. :(

Illbay

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2014
Houston
Curious, do you have Premier or just a regular consumer AT&T plan?

I don't even know what "Premier" is. Have had this account since 1996, when it was Houston Cellular, which was bought by Cingular, which was acquired by AT&T. I just pay the bill every month.

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014

Jerks.
You're better off checking the inventory in the morning each day at Apple Stores in your area and placing an order online for in store pickup. You'll get it much faster.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Oh so glad I ordered my iPhone 6 128GB after pre-order was announced. I didn't even order it in the middle of the night but rather the next day at noon. I picked it up in less than 50 minutes from an Apple store on day one. It definitely worked out OK for me.

Axl Rose

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Interesting, i just ordered a 64 gig sg plus from verizon last night, says itll ship on the 24th

PersonalEffects

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
Chicago, IL
I don't even know what "Premier" is. Have had this account since 1996, when it was Houston Cellular, which was bought by Cingular, which was acquired by AT&T. I just pay the bill every month.

Ha. So have we. Premier is AT&T's business division. We're a Houston company that's been with them since 1987. I was just curious about whether or not you were a Premier customer because troves of them got royally screwed in that same exact manner. I haven't been cancelled (yet) but at this point, nothing would surprise me. I was trying to upgrade my line because I had the 2 year upgrade available. However, Premier failed to put the iPhone 6 in the online store for my account and I wasn't able to actually complete the transaction until 10/22. When I discovered the ship date of 12/2-12/11, I complained to high heaven to the "support" team and you wouldn't believe what they tried to offer me... A FREE iPHONE 6 PLUS CASE. :mad:

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Who wants the 16 GB version though? Most people want the 64 GB or 128 GB versions... IMO the 16 GB version is a waste of money given the 64 GB version is just $100 more.

Multiple UK contracts jump from no upfront cost to anything up to £99 when going from 16 to 64 GB. That is a big mental jump for the average user, especially when 16 GB may well be enough for many (but few MR Forum members).

The 16GB to 64GB jump is very good value compared to the other iPhone costs, but is a waste if not needed. I will certainly be be going 64GB when I upgrade (currently still under contract), but I don't judge everyone's needs by mine.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
IMO the 16 GB version is a waste of money given the 64 GB version is just $100 more.

Apple: Art of the Upsell

I remember long ago when the 8GB iPod Touch was $229

But for only $299 you could get the 32GB version.

$70 more for 4 TIMES the storage? Uh yeah...

And here we are again with the iPhone: an extra $100 gets you 4 times the storage. I know which one I'd pick...

Boatboy24

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2011
1 Infinite Loop

Jerks.

That's why I won't order from AT&T. I'm still with them, but they are the worst. Got my 6 two weeks ago by just checking the Apple site daily for availability of my 64B Space gray in one of the local stores. After a few days, they showed up as available, so I ordered and picked it up. Prior to that, I preordered my 5 from the Apple Site. AT&T's was completely hosed up. 6+ probably won't be as easy to come by, but it might be worth canceling your order and trying that route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.