Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyclone Chris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to become knowledgeable on macs and the whole enterprise system at my job. My predecessor just pick up and retired and I was left without a clue. So here it is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I am limited with certain features.

1. So I have multiple racks of 40+ iPad Airs that are configured via Apple configurator.
2. Once configured each iPad is seperatly configured with Mobile Iron MDM to restrict certain functions and allow software to get installed from an approved AppStore.
3. Adobe reader is installed on each device.

*****this is the part that's time consuming*******

4. Every week we need to load hundreds of PDFs from a non Internet connected MacBook via iTunes to over 5000+ iPads. Each set of 40 iPads has an independent MacBook pro.

So my question is simple: is there a piece of software I can use to sideload all these PDFs to all 40 connected iPads at the same time rather than using iTunes, clicking on each iPad, then adding the PDFs to the Adobe Reader app.

In a perfect world, we would utilize a mobile content manager or some type of cloud. Unfortunately these options are not at my disposale and we do not have access to the Mobile Iron MDM portion.

Thank you.
CHris.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.