Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
hi, i just bought an iphone 6 Plus 64G
i just started using it today
and i was quite confused why when i make a phone calls, there's no notification sound for BBM, Whatssapp, line,etc on the phone.
so out of curiousity i made a phone call using speaker phone and try to open a page from safari browser, the iphone says no internet connection. and there;s no indicator beside the signal bar, normally there's indicator "E" / "3G" / "4G"
that's weird.

as soon as i ended the call, the 3G indicator is back on.
i never experienced this in my iphone 4,4s,5,5s before.
so is this a faulty iphone ? or is there any setting i should set ?

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
hi, i just bought an iphone 6 Plus 64G
i just started using it today
and i was quite confused why when i make a phone calls, there's no notification sound for BBM, Whatssapp, line,etc on the phone.
so out of curiousity i made a phone call using speaker phone and try to open a page from safari browser, the iphone says no internet connection. and there;s no indicator beside the signal bar, normally there's indicator "E" / "3G" / "4G"
that's weird.

as soon as i ended the call, the 3G indicator is back on.
i never experienced this in my iphone 4,4s,5,5s before.
so is this a faulty iphone ? or is there any setting i should set ?

no its not a faulty phone ; i had to run everything on wifi whilst the nano sim links with my data account (coming from a bb platform). You need to do a network reset via General Settings to use mobile data.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.