Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pandaboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
hey all, my iphone5 keeps shutting down whenever it wants to , especially when its in camera mode.

right now my battery is at 33% and when im taking pictures (not using the front cam, the back one with flash and sometimes without), my phone just shuts down. when i try to power on it says battery low.

so i charge it and turn it back on, and its 33% still.

just wondering how do i fix this irritating bug? thank you

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Sounds like the battery is done. As in failed. Need to get it replaced.

Check with Apple to see if your phone is under the battery recall. I don't have a link handy where you check your phone serial # to find out, but I'm sure a quick search on Google would get you there.

pandaboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Sounds like the battery is done. As in failed. Need to get it replaced.

Check with Apple to see if your phone is under the battery recall. I don't have a link handy where you check your phone serial # to find out, but I'm sure a quick search on Google would get you there.

could it be due to jailbreaking? or its really the batt problem.

plus its only when i take pictures that this happens.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
could it be due to jailbreaking? or its really the batt problem.
I don't see how jailbreaking would cause this, but once you open that door it's tough to definitively rule out JB as a cause.

plus its only when i take pictures that this happens.
Huh? That's not what you said above. "especially when" conveys the meaning that it happens at other times, but more often when... If it's ONLY when in camera mode, that's a different thing and does suggest a software cause rather than a hardware cause.
my iphone5 keeps shutting down whenever it wants to , especially when its in camera mode.

In any event it's simple enough to check. Get rid of the jailbreak, maybe even restoring as new to ensure no leftovers of any sort, and see if it keeps happening.

pandaboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
I don't see how jailbreaking would cause this, but once you open that door it's tough to definitively rule out JB as a cause.

Huh? That's not what you said above. "especially when" conveys the meaning that it happens at other times, but more often when... If it's ONLY when in camera mode, that's a different thing and does suggest a software cause rather than a hardware cause.

In any event it's simple enough to check. Get rid of the jailbreak, maybe even restoring as new to ensure no leftovers of any sort, and see if it keeps happening.

woops i messed up. yeah its only in camera mode. and my battery drains really quick in camera mode like when im filming stuff with video.

streaming videos with max brightness and sound doesnt even drain my batt that quick, but my camera..

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
woops i messed up. yeah its only in camera mode. and my battery drains really quick in camera mode like when im filming stuff with video.

streaming videos with max brightness and sound doesnt even drain my batt that quick, but my camera..

Like the previous poster suggested, I would wipe the phone and start from scratch with no jailbreak and see what happens. Very unlikely a hardware issue if it is only happening within the camera application.

Keep us posted!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.