Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregounet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Lyon France
Hello I have a mac mini late 2009 Core2Duo 2,53Mhz 8GB RAM and two hard drives instead of DVD burner drive.

I installed OSX Yosemite and I also have an ipad mini 2, an iphone 5s and finally a TV Apple 2.
Here's a little Apple fan, but it is not today because I also kept a PowerMac G4 and Apple Mac 2 that are old while the G4 is still running by having to upgrade the max.

Well here is my question!

I bought a wireless card / bluetooth to replace that of my mac mini and thus benefited from Handoff. I buy as indicated on the site GitHub wifi bluetooth combo card "BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX"

Is someone already replacing this card? This is not so much to change that looks pretty easy view iFixit ! But more to the compatibilté this map ? Does my motherboard will support this card of macbook pro ?
Thank you.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Hello I have a mac mini late 2009 Core2Duo 2,53Mhz 8GB RAM and two hard drives instead of DVD burner drive.

I installed OSX Yosemite and I also have an ipad mini 2, an iphone 5s and finally a TV Apple 2.
Here's a little Apple fan, but it is not today because I also kept a PowerMac G4 and Apple Mac 2 that are old while the G4 is still running by having to upgrade the max.

Well here is my question!

I bought a wireless card / bluetooth to replace that of my mac mini and thus benefited from Handoff. I buy as indicated on the site GitHub wifi bluetooth combo card "BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX"

Is someone already replacing this card? This is not so much to change that looks pretty easy view iFixit ! But more to the compatibilté this map ? Does my motherboard will support this card of macbook pro ?
Thank you.

There are reports saying that a wi-fi adapter replacement can work.
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/feedback/802.11ac_Mac_adapters.html

Gregounet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Lyon France
Hello, since the final version of Yosemite wifi bluetooth 4.0 adapters are no longer supported by Handoff continuity.
I bought after the site "https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool"
a wireless card / bluetooth to replace the original.
but I can not seem to fix the 3 antennas on the new card.
thank you

Attachments

• Carte wifi 1.jpg
    Carte wifi 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 399
  • Carte wifi 2.jpg
    Carte wifi 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 395

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Hello, since the final version of Yosemite wifi bluetooth 4.0 adapters are no longer supported by Handoff continuity.
I bought after the site "https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool"
a wireless card / bluetooth to replace the original.
but I can not seem to fix the 3 antennas on the new card.
thank you

Have you already tested it?

Gregounet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Lyon France
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.