Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twscarp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
Hi, was able to transfer photos from my Samsung Tracfone smartphone with AndroidTransferFile, but wouldn't work with my Samsung Galaxy Tab. Downloaded the Kies program, but it couldn't see the pics either, any ideas?

Wanting to transfer to Mid 2014 MBPR, thanks.

mtngirl*

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2015
Kies

Having the same issue here. I have been using KIES for a few years and last weekend it just stopped working. Have always been able to transfer my phone pics via WiFi to Mac. Called Apple and Samsung THEN saw it on the net they are no longer compatible. I am a challenged person when it comes to this issue. Can anyone tell me how to get my over 1000 pics off KIES and a new user friendly way to upload pics to my pc? This is truly perplexing and annoying. Thanks in advance

twscarp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
USB cable. Try emailing them to yourself, I used that way too.

mtngirl*

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2015
So it appears there is no longer an air drop program to use :mad: I guess I will bite the bullet and get the cable. Silly question but where do I put them once i d/l them? I was so reliant upon another person to do this stuff for me and now I'm trapped like a rat. Sure glad I found this site and for the responses. Thank you so much

twscarp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
It should ask you if you want to import to iphoto, thats where I put them.

mtngirl*

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2015
Not having much luck. Do I need the propritary cable that came with the phone? I bought a generic USB cable and that is not working. The Android file transfer is in applications and I can open it up just fine. It's letting me choose from things and I chose phone and it doesn't detect anything. I will say I got part of it up and running. Now if I can just get those pics!

----------

Oh and yah - it's not giving me an option to import to iPhoto which I wish it would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.