Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandcastle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Hi,

I had a server running profile manager, contacts and calendars. I used profile manager to automatically install the correct contacts & calendar settings / accounts to new devices. It's worked a for a few years.

I recently had to build a new server and then recreate all of this. It works perfectly with iOS devices, but I can't push contacts / calendar settings to OS X.

I've tried to duplicate the settings on the old server exactly.

To keep it simple -

I have a "User" with setting for contacts. I add a device placeholder for a laptop. Enrol the laptop. Assign the laptop to the user by adding a "device" in profile manager. Nothing gets "pushed" to it.

I can push OS X settings, or setting to it if I edit the settings assigned to the device. Neither includes contacts / calendar settings, they only exist in the "user" area.

How on earth did I have this working before?

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Hi,

I had a server running profile manager, contacts and calendars. I used profile manager to automatically install the correct contacts & calendar settings / accounts to new devices. It's worked a for a few years.

I recently had to build a new server and then recreate all of this. It works perfectly with iOS devices, but I can't push contacts / calendar settings to OS X.

I've tried to duplicate the settings on the old server exactly.

To keep it simple -

I have a "User" with setting for contacts. I add a device placeholder for a laptop. Enrol the laptop. Assign the laptop to the user by adding a "device" in profile manager. Nothing gets "pushed" to it.

I can push OS X settings, or setting to it if I edit the settings assigned to the device. Neither includes contacts / calendar settings, they only exist in the "user" area.

How on earth did I have this working before?

What version of server are you running and what are the versions of your clients? The latest server (4.0) has problems with profile manager with clients that are not either Yosemite or Mavericks.

sandcastle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Server is the latest. Clients are mainly Mavericks, but some Yosemite, and various iOS8.X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.