Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevin Rohrer

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
Medina, Ohio USA
I have a new (2013) 27" i7 Imac and installed Win7 Pro using Bootcamp. The Windows sound was fine until I installed the Nvidea drivers for the 380M sound card. I also installed Nvidea Audio drivers, and now there is no sound.

I have tried everything, including uninstalling all the Nvidea software. A techie says Nvidea may have written something to the Windows BIOS, but I know of no way to check the BIOS or make changes.

Any suggestions?

Kevin Rohrer

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
Medina, Ohio USA
Well, I solved my own problem after reading this link:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1583/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

The problem had been that when Bootcamp installed Windows, it didn't install its own files into Windows.

I had to deinstall all the Nvidea files, then run Setup on the Bootcamp USB thumb drive, which corrected any Windows deficiencies, but did not install the Bootcamp files or give me sound. I had to go into the Bootcamp dir and select Setup there, which installed the missing files and gave me my sound back, along with the needed Nvidea drivers.

Woohoo!:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.