Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
There is another build for yosemite 10.10.2.

Yesterday we had build 14C68k.

It has now been updated to 14C68m.

Direct links for the delta and combo are now in apple's developer forums.

The 14C68k links are still available through apple's developer forums, but NOT through the mac app store.

You will need to redownload if you want 14C68m. Also, since the build numbers are so close, you may not be able to get 14C68m through the mac app store if you already have 14C68k installed. In this case, use the direct links instead.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

The 14C68k links are still available through apple's developer forums, but NOT through the mac app store.

You will need to redownload if you want 14C68m. Also, since the build numbers are so close, you may not be able to get 14C68m through the mac app store if you already have 14C68k installed. In this case, use the direct links instead.

Does it fix the Chrome crashing/touch pad issue?

asolochek

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2014
Where can I find the direct links? I see the download in the mac dev center for build m, but it only seems to provide a link for the utility to configure the app store for beta releases. The app store shows k as the latest available.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Where can I find the direct links?

We should not post the links here though because that would be in breach of macrumors rules.

dcollins23

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2013
I'm having a major issue with 10.10.2.

Essentially, I can't let my MacBook go to sleep. If it does, it will not come back on OR will show its last state, frozen. Can't use mouse, anything. Huge concern for me right now and happened immediately after upgrading. Is there a way I can downgrade to 10.10.1 or just wait for an update?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
You can restore from a time machine backup to go back to 10.10.1 if you want to.

Assuming you have a time machine backup though.

Please don't tell me you didn't back it up before installing a beta.

evgolsh

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I'm not alone... don't install 10.10.2 it is completely broken

I'm having a major issue with 10.10.2.

Essentially, I can't let my MacBook go to sleep. If it does, it will not come back on OR will show its last state, frozen. Can't use mouse, anything. Huge concern for me right now and happened immediately after upgrading. Is there a way I can downgrade to 10.10.1 or just wait for an update?

I'm not alone... don't install 10.10.2 it is completely broken

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Not yet.

Just as well too. Developers are reporting some serious bugs.

We may see a new build soon though, maybe a better one and maybe public beta testers will get it when the current bugs are fixed.

Macs123

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2014
Laggy PDF scrolling

Does anyone know if the issues with slow/lagging PDF scrolling in Reader, Safari, Preview etc. has been addressed?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
All those complaining should remember that apple have always said you should not install betas on production machines and only install them on computers you would be willing to wipe and resinstall the system if necessary.

I go a little further than apple for people who only have 1 mac. I tell them to never install a beta!

Last edited:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
I go a little further than apple for people who only have 1 mac. I tell them to never install a beta!

Why not...? I only have 1 Mac at my disposal, yet I can still install a beta on my Mac....

On A Secondary Partition of course...! :p:p

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Why not...? I only have 1 Mac at my disposal, yet I can still install a beta on my Mac....

On A Secondary Partition of course...! :p:p

Of course you can.

But should you?

Anything can go wrong - to ALL your partitions, not just the yosemite beta one. That's not just my opinion. An apple engineer told me this!

Betas are usually fairly benign things. So we can go for a long time with many betas without any major dramas. But if we get used to this too much we may get complacent and be quite shocked when things go wrong - and basically forget that ANYTHING can go wrong with ANY beta at ANY TIME! Regardless of how nice things may be for a long time with many betas, this fact it always true and should never be forgotten.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
Of course you can.

But should you?

Anything can go wrong - to ALL your partitions, not just the yosemite beta one. That's not just my opinion. An apple engineer told me this!

Betas are usually fairly benign things. So we can go for a long time with many betas without any major dramas. But if we get used to this too much we may get complacent and be quite shocked when things go wrong - and basically forget that ANYTHING can go wrong with ANY beta at ANY TIME! Regardless of how nice things may be for a long time with many betas, this fact it always true and should never be forgotten.

I have nothing to fear... Because all my important data are stored on primary and secondary external drives. I've only run an important set of apps for my work. If all else fails, a complete non-TM restoration takes less than 2 hours...

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Well at least you have backups.

Some people I know don't even have backups before they install a beta!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.