Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

50L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Hi Guys,

I just got my macbook back from the retail store , topcase needed to be replaced.

Now I noticed,whit Istat the current battery only has a 86% capacity :S

Topcase and battery are in 1 part.

My original capacity of my ''old'' battery was 96%

I called applecare about this, and they say there is no way to prove the battery should have 6600Mah because this isn't stated on their website and they will not replace it unless it's under 5100mah

complete ******** this is

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I just got my macbook back from the retail store , topcase needed to be replaced.
Now I noticed,whit Istat the current battery only has a 86% capacity :S
Topcase and battery are in 1 part.
My original capacity of my ''old'' battery was 96%
I called applecare about this, and they say there is no way to prove the battery should have 6600Mah because this isn't stated on their website and they will not replace it unless it's under 5100mah
Your battery is fine. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

AppleCare only covers batteries if they are determined to be defective. Unless some other form of defect is present, Apple will not consider a battery defective unless it drops below 80% health before 1000 cycles. At 86%, your battery is considered healthy.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.