Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Hi there,

I've been trying to add a static picture below the content of my website, using VH units in CSS (i.e. a div is a proportion of the size of the screen, regardless of what other divs it inside).

This seems to work on all platforms (iPhone, Android phones and tablets, Mac, even Internet Explorer!) except iPad. Where the page ends and instead of a div of about 70% of the screen height, there's one of about 100x the height of the screen.

The site is http://heather.sh.

If you view on a computer and scroll to the bottom, you should see a photo before you reach the bottom, and at the bottom you can still see the end of the page content at the top of the screen. This is achieved with the following CSS:
Code:
<div style="height:68vh;"></div>

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening (and could someone confirm it is happening on iOS 8 Safari as well please?)? Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks!

Sam

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Seems to work fine in Safari on my iPad in iOS 8

Hmm...I suspected it might. It works fine in the iOS 8 iPad simulator as well. But not iOS 7...weird! I just set a max-height as a kind-of work around. But I'm going to keep digging and see if I can find out why it happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.