Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giorga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Today i checked my iphone 5s' battery capacity with ibackupbot and here's the result on the photo
As i know most of the iphone's the fullcharge capacity is usually higher than design capacity, but in my iPhone's case it's not like that
Anyone knows why? Does it mean that my iphone lost some of it's capacity?
Or if you also checked this what's your results?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 242

Ken Kaniff

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2014
Connecticut
Today i checked my iphone 5s' battery capacity with ibackupbot and here's the result on the photo
As i know most of the iphone's the fullcharge capacity is usually higher than design capacity, but in my iPhone's case it's not like that

You have that backwards. Full charge capacity SHOULD be lower than design capacity. How would one charge the battery to more capacity than it was designed for?

Perhaps some apps have things worded differently, but by design the battery's factory capacity is a fixed number. The full charge capacity will change over time and as a result of other factors, temperature being one.

To answer your question- yes, it has lost some capacity and this is normal. Batteries are finite. They will degrade over time/with use.

edit- I will also say that yours looks like it's in great shape. Only lost 150 mAh capacity with 290 charge cycles.

Giorga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
You have that backwards. Full charge capacity SHOULD be lower than design capacity. How would one charge the battery to more capacity than it was designed for?

Perhaps some apps have things worded differently, but by design the battery's factory capacity is a fixed number. The full charge capacity will change over time and as a result of other factors, temperature being one.

To answer your question- yes, it has lost some capacity and this is normal. Batteries are finite. They will degrade over time/with use.

edit- I will also say that yours looks like it's in great shape. Only lost 150 mAh capacity with 290 charge cycles.
Look here this is a photo from other post
And here designcapacity is lower

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 181

Ken Kaniff

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2014
Connecticut

The second screenshot you posted has it worded wrong. Regardless of what the word is, the 1500 number itself would represent the design capacity and maximum mAh the battery had from the factory, even if the word describing it was "Bananas" haha :)

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Occasionally this can happen - I've had my MacBook report as 105% battery capacity, though it's usually a fault in the software reporting it or the battery sending the wrong information.

It's not the norm.

Giorga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Okay but check this out
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1799367/

Is this also an exception? I mean are those also exceptions?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

You really have to look at your cycle count. The more cycles you put into your battery, your fullchargecapacity will depreciate overtime so it won't stay above designcapacity always. It's only when you buy the phone as a new device is when there will be more than the designcapacity.

----------

Like above post, your cycle count is 290. So having a full charge capacity at 1400 sounds about right. Now if your cycle count was 0 and is reporting that your fullchargecapacity is lower than the designcapacity then something is wrong.

Giorga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
You really have to look at your cycle count. The more cycles you put into your battery, your fullchargecapacity will depreciate overtime so it won't stay above designcapacity always. It's only when you buy the phone as a new device is when there will be more than the designcapacity.

----------

Like above post, your cycle count is 290. So having a full charge capacity at 1400 sounds about right. Now if your cycle count was 0 and is reporting that your fullchargecapacity is lower than the designcapacity then something is wrong.

Okay i got it
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.