Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Purchased an Iphone 6 at Apple.com and went to store to pick it up. While at the store, I tried to put Apple Care on it, but the Apple employee said that it was already covered with Apple Care. I looked at my online receipt and it did not show that I paid for Apple Care. The Apple employee also looked up my receipt and there was no record of Apple Pay being paid. The employee tried to put Apple Care on the phone, but it would not allow because it said that it was already covered. Anyone know why this is? I just don't want to go into Genius Bar in a few months with a cracked screen and find out that it is not covered because of an error.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Purchased an Iphone 6 at Apple.com and went to store to pick it up. While at the store, I tried to put Apple Care on it, but the Apple employee said that it was already covered with Apple Care. I looked at my online receipt and it did not show that I paid for Apple Care. The Apple employee also looked up my receipt and there was no record of Apple Pay being paid. The employee tried to put Apple Care on the phone, but it would not allow because it said that it was already covered. Anyone know why this is? I just don't want to go into Genius Bar in a few months with a cracked screen and find out that it is not covered because of an error.

Go to your Apple Registered Devices https://supportprofile.apple.com

If it isn't registered go ahead and add your serial number. If it showes Apple Care+ and that it has a two year warranty you are set.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
This happened to me before on an iPad. What happened to me was they sold me one someone ordered with applecare but was never picked up. Trying to add applecare but couldn't bc of that, so had to get a new one or I wouldn't end up being covered.

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Go to your Apple Registered Devices https://supportprofile.apple.com

If it isn't registered go ahead and add your serial number. If it showes Apple Care+ and that it has a two year warranty you are set.

Thanks. I just checked Apple Support and it says my device is covered until Nov 2016. This is weird. I am still going to check back in 30 days to make sure it is covered. I printed out the page found on Apple Support with my serial number, just in case there is a problem later on.

Erphern

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
UK
Thanks. I just checked Apple Support and it says my device is covered until Nov 2016. This is weird. I am still going to check back in 30 days to make sure it is covered. I printed out the page found on Apple Support with my serial number, just in case there is a problem later on.

If someone else somehow recently paid for AppleCare+ for that device, they can call Apple and get their money back (100% or prorated, depending), in which case that AppleCare+ will disappear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.