Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxxamazexxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
I have a 2010 white MacBook (7,2) and I'm planning to replace the current hard drive with this Seagate 1TB SSHD (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B99JUBQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER). It looks like the right choice for me in terms of storage, performance, and cost.

I wonder, however, if this would actually be a good choice? People who have done it, do you feel it was worth it?

Also, I plan to do the upgrade by first cloning my current hard drive to the new drive, then subbing it in. Would that work without further actions?

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
I think hybrid drives should at least beat ExpressCache from ultrabooks, that is, they should have a SSD with a minimum size of 64GB.

Jonathon71

Suspended
Nov 23, 2014
Slow down

They will work fine enough, no doubt about that. But, I should say that your Macbook was not meant for 1TB HDD. So, the loading time will increase than the usual. Mean's your Macbook might slows down with that 1 TB

lp2000

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2011
I have exactly that same disk in my Macbook4,1 (Early 2008) and works fine. Nice performance improvement compared to HDD. No issue at all for some months now. Running OSX Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.