Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ercsliberty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2011
iphone 6 , paid full price, looking for a tweak for simultaneous voice/data on verizon all set pre paid plan. cant set it on the phone, verizon wont do it.
anyone can help?
thanks

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
iphone 6 , paid full price, looking for a tweak for simultaneous voice/data on verizon all set pre paid plan. cant set it on the phone, verizon wont do it.
anyone can help?
thanks

there's no tweak that will allow you to use voice and data at the same time on verizon

it's a hardware limitation. some phones in the market are able to do it because they have multiple radios

Ken Kaniff

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2014
Connecticut
I want a hack to turn my wife into Kim kardashian:D

That's just gross man. :rolleyes:

----------

you're wrong. search "advanced network."

What? Where? Cydia? Nothing comes up.

If you know of something you're talking about already, why are you asking here?

I believe Verizon is making headway on this though. Requires you to be on a specific LTE signal that they are rolling out if I remember correctly. Only in a few places so far. This is just how it's been for CDMA networks since forever.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
you're wrong. search "advanced network"

If you know what you're talking about, then you should know it's a hardware limitation

I looked that up and it seems to be VoLTE (Voice over LTE) which is still extremely scarce at this point in time in the U.S.

Only specific cities can use it right now (on T-Mobile, not sure about other carriers) and to use VoLTE, both devices and the network has to support it

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
If you know what you're talking about, then you should know it's a hardware limitation

I looked that up and it seems to be VoLTE (Voice over LTE) which is still extremely scarce at this point in time in the U.S.

Only specific cities can use it right now (on T-Mobile, not sure about other carriers) and to use VoLTE, both devices and the network has to support it

400 markets is scarce? Its pretty much everywhere.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
400 markets is scarce? Its pretty much everywhere.

It's been a while since I've read up about VoLTE for T-Mobile so it must've changed a lot more than I expected by now

I don't think it's coming to my market anytime soon so I've sort of been out of the loop

Just curious but where do you get the 400 markets statistics from?

Edit: looking into it, it looks like there's still only 4 devices that are currently officially supported for VoLTE

I do see that there's a bigger market expansion of it but no where near 400 markets like you say?

Last edited:

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
It's been a while since I've read up about VoLTE for T-Mobile so it must've changed a lot more than I expected by now

I don't think it's coming to my market anytime soon so I've sort of been out of the loop

Just curious but where do you get the 400 markets statistics from?

Edit: looking into it, it looks like there's still only 4 devices that are currently officially supported for VoLTE

I do see that there's a bigger market expansion of it but no where near 400 markets like you say?

Why are you talking about t-mobile when OP is talking about Verizon?

----------

I want a hack to turn my wife into Kim kardashian:D

Film her banging a rap star...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Why are you talking about t-mobile when OP is talking about Verizon?

I mentioned T-Mobile in my post because they were the first carrier in the U.S. to release VoLTE (as far as I'm aware of)

But we're sort of derailing from the original purpose of the thread at this point so I'm just going to leave it at this

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's just gross man. :rolleyes:

----------

What? Where? Cydia? Nothing comes up.

If you know of something you're talking about already, why are you asking here?

I believe Verizon is making headway on this though. Requires you to be on a specific LTE signal that they are rolling out if I remember correctly. Only in a few places so far. This is just how it's been for CDMA networks since forever.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/advanced-calling.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.