Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marin C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Good evening guys,

New to forum but have used the site for a while.

I have a strange problem with my Safari bookmarks, as you can see from the attached picture.
I have no idea where they came from or how to get rid of them, there are hundreds and hundreds of these folder with nothing in them.
I did manage to delete them once before but had to delete all my bookmarks but it was't long before these strange bunny were back!!

Any ideas guys?

cheers Martin

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 21.19.45.png

Zerka

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2014
San Jose,CA
Is your MBP synced to another iDevice? If so it could be someone on another device (family, friends, whoever :p) making these bookmarks. Check to see if anyone who uses the same Apple ID as you is making them

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Strange.

Do you have another iDevice - possibly Jailbroken? Could it have been compromised by a rogue download\app spawning Malware? With the new keyboard switching in iOS8 is it possible syncing with your Mac has corrupted your bookmarks?

Have you ran a Malware scan yet?

Marin C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Cheers guys,

I've got my iPhone, the wife's iPhone and an iPad but have not allowed bookmarks to be stored iCloud.

How do I do a malware test on the MBP??

Got rid of them now by deleting the Cache.db file from safari but it also deletes favourites and everything else.

Will see if they return??

M,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.