Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Earlier this week, news hit that the teaser for the much-anticipated movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens would be shown in a selection of theaters on Friday, November 28, and but it turns out the trailer will also be featured online, on Apple's iTunes Trailers website, on the Apple TV, and through the iTunes Movie Trailers app for iOS.

starwarstheforceawakens.jpg
According to tweets from both the iTunes Trailers and Star Wars Twitter accounts, the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser will be shared online by Apple this Friday, on November 28, at an unspecified time.
The Force will be with @iTunesTrailers this Friday. #StarWars #TheForceAwakens - iTunes Trailers (@iTunesTrailers) November 26, 2014
Apple's iTunes Trailers website, accompanying Apple TV channel, and iOS app feature hundreds of HD movie trailers, clips, images, and behind-the-scenes content. The new Star Wars movie trailer being shown on Friday will represent one of the first times Apple has leveraged its movie trailer site to provide exclusive content.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the seventh film in the Star Wars series and is set 30 years after Return of the Jedi. Directed by J.J. Abrams, the movie features actors like Andy Serkis, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong'o, and Oscar Issac, along with stars from the original films including Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher.

In addition to being featured by Apple, the teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be shown in a selection of theaters across the United States on Friday.

The iTunes Movie Trailers app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Teaser to Be Featured on iTunes Trailers This Friday

ikramerica

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2009
Lens flares! Shaking lenses! Stupid fist fights! People too young to be in the positions of authority they are in. This is what JJA will do to Star Wars.

It's going to look more like Moonraker than Star Wars. I'll pass.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Lens flares! Shaking lenses! Stupid fist fights! People too young to be in the positions of authority they are in. This is what JJA will do to Star Wars.

And that's before even seeing a teaser, which would at best still only barely imply what it might be like.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Couldn't be more excited for the next Star Wars. Anybody could do better than George Lucas after Episode I, II, and III.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Glad they're doing this...

The trailer will probably be attached to the Hobbit theatrically, so I can wait to see it on the big screen then.

Luke is the reason why I am curious to see this film now - while I am still not crazy about seeing the OT characters older the more I thought about it I am okay with Luke now.

I couldn't care less about the new characters, but if Abrams makes me interested, great. And if not, that's fine too: I'll see this one and if Luke is not involved in subsequent films - it's not a deal breaker. I always go back to Star Wars in some way so all this new stuff won't destroy me.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009

As long as there are no cuddly friendly aliens

SolarShane

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
The trailer will probably be attached to the Hobbit theatrically, so I can wait to see it on the big screen then.

Luke is the reason why I am curious to see this film now - while I am still not crazy about seeing the OT characters older the more I thought about it I am okay with Luke now.

I couldn't care less about the new characters, but if Abrams makes me interested, great. And if not, that's fine too: I'll see this one and if Luke is not involved in subsequent films - it's not a deal breaker. I always go back to Star Wars in some way so all this new stuff won't destroy me.

I just consider all of these "reboots" alternate timelines.

menithings

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh man I see we have ye 'ol Star Trek whiners on these forums too. The Tea Party of nerds.

Reality check grandpas, JJ Abram's Star Trek took a dead franchise (previous 2 films flopped a decade earlier and the last TV series was cancelled after its second season) and transformed it into a critical and commercial blockbuster. Trek '09 is the best reviewed film of the entire movie series (95% on RT) and the most successful up to that point. The sequel, while not as strong but still well regarded (87% RT), made close to half a billion dollars. Get over yourselves, and the irrelevant bubble you live in.

In reality Star Wars 7 has a good shot at greatness. Because Abrams is a great director. But hey, random posters at an internet forum know so much more about good directors than say, Steven Speilberg, who's a fan Abram's work.

This is why I rarely contribute to Internet forums. It's the bottom feeding ghetto of the internet.

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
I liked the first three star wars movies 4, 5, 6. I am a fan of the original Star Treks (TV shows and movies (actually star trek 1 wasn't my favorite))

I thought the Star Trek Reboot was pretty good. JJ Abrams did a good job. I am interested to see how Star Wars turns out.

My biggest fear is that it will look and feel just like the star treks. It needs to be its own movie.

EDIT: One thing I hate about the new star treks is that Kirk is a womanizer. The original Kirk wasn't a womanizer. He frequently had romantic interests, but wasn't a sleep with her and leave her type of guy like Chris Pine's Kirk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.